facebook

linux, myeclipse and mozilla java.lang.Exception [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

arnor

Hi to the list,

I use eclipse 3.0 with MyEclipse 3.8.beta2 and sun 1.4.2 jvm
    When I click in “Web Browser” label I get a warning and in eclipse log I found this error:
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 Jul 21, 2004 11:12:55.992
    !MESSAGE /home/lorenzo/appl/eclipse_3.0/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_3.0.0/os/linux/x86/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3062.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: /home/lorenzo/appl/eclipse_3.0/plugins/org.eclipse.swt.gtk_3.0.0/os/linux/x86/libswt-mozilla-gtk-3062.so: libxpcom.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I think the problem is Mozilla home variables but I dont now solution.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance

Lorenzo

#210529 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant
    #210595 Reply

arnor

ok, I will try it.
    tks scott

regards Lorenzo

#212111 Reply

arnor

I am later but it work fine 🙂

Great help the post:
    <cut from snpe>
    You need download this file : http://www.scottbolander.com/mozilla-1.6-xft-gtk2-pc-linux.tar.bz2
    unpack in any dir
    and set
    export MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME=/usr/local/mozilla
    MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME need show dir with .so libraries (for instance libgkgfx.so)
    it is all
    </cut>

I think the compiled version with gtk2 is very very usefull.

regards Lorenzo

#212112 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Lorenzo,

Thanks for following up with the feedback and link so that others can resolve the issue quickly if they encounter it.

#217371 Reply

Sprint-TX

So, is mozilla really the issue, or just GTK2? If it is just GTK2, what version should we be running and can we just replace the libraries and have everything work?

#218005 Reply

Greg

I believe its the combination of both mozilla and gtk2, because mozilla versions later then 1.6 that are compiled with gtk2 support don’t work.

We have added a new seciton to the FAQ on the htmleditor quickstart that demostrates how to install the correct version of mozilla that enables the SWT browser on Linux systems.

http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/htmleditor/index.html#faq

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: linux, myeclipse and mozilla java.lang.Exception [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in