facebook

LivePreview with Spring MVC Maven project

1. CodeMix & Angular IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Webclipse 1.x Help
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

snadschlaeger
    Participant

Hello!

I managed it to get the live preview up and running with standard Eclipse web projects. Are maven projects using spring mvc also supported (using JSP)?
    The CodeLive Icon does not appear in such an application.

Thanks for your help!

#493170 Reply

Brian Fernandes

At this time, Code Live is only supported for Dynamic Web Projects. Is the project you describe also a dynamic web project? If not, how are you currently deploying it with Eclipse – I presume a maven project without the web nature would not be deployable.

If you can share the .project file with us, that would help us get a better understanding of your project’s configuration.

#493234 Reply

snadschlaeger
    Participant

Hello!

Thanks for your answer.
    Yes, the project is a dynamic web project and it is deployed to a Tomcat directly in Eclipse.
    Attached is the .project file, but I assume there is nothing special in it (I even tried removing the Spring nature).

Are there any possibilities that some JS / CSS blocks the the CodeLive Icon. Any known incompatibilities (at least there are no JS errors)?

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 8 months ago by snadschlaeger.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #493296 Reply

support-swapna

Hi,

Thank you for the file.
    The dev team is looking into it. They will get back to you soon.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#493333 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Thank you for the project file – what we’re looking for is dynamic web projects (which your project is) and the presence or absence of other natures would not make a difference.

There are no known incompatibilities with JS or CSS – but there are some cases where we have to disable Code Live for JSPs which use specific TLD files. The fact that we modify the JSP leads to the server throwing validation errors because the changes made interfere with the TLD namespace validation. Are you JSP files using TLDs? If so, which ones?

#493377 Reply

snadschlaeger
    Participant

Hello!

Besides the standard ones from JSTL core, I also have KendoUI and Spring Security in use.
    Moreover I use an own custom taglib, e.g. for the layout template.

Thanks!

#493470 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

snadschlaeger,

Thanks for the info, we’re looking into it and will get back to you.

#493589 Reply

Brian Fernandes

We found that the issue was most likely a case where your ultimately rendered HTML does not include a <head> tag. This is the tag into which the CL dashbboard script is inserted – in the absence of this tag, the dashboard won’t appear.

I’m not sure exactly how your project is structured, but could you insert this tag, maybe on just a couple of pages and let us know if that works for you?

In the meanwhile, our team is working on a better way of inserting the CL dashboard – we will keep you posted and thank you for asking!

#493973 Reply

snadschlaeger
    Participant

A <head> tag is present in the fully rendered HTML, but it is inserted by a tag and it is not included in the JSP page directly. Could this be the problem?

Thanks!

#493986 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

snadschlaeger,

Thanks. That’s an interesting use case, which we haven’t yet allowed for.

We’re working on a fix right now but to ensure that we have your use case covered, could you send us a zip file of your JSP source and the source for any included files (not the source of any taglibs)?

If you don’t want to attach them in a reply, please send me a private message (click on my name or this link and then click the Private Message button) and attach the zip file.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#493991 Reply

snadschlaeger
    Participant

Thanks for your answer.

I have created a very simple example showing my use case.
    The attached project contains an index.html showing the dashboard and an index.jsp (built in the same way, as in my project), not showing the dashboard.

Thanks again for your help!!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #493995 Reply

support-swapna

snadschlaeger,

Thank you for sending us the project files. We will keep you posted about the fix.
    Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#496622 Reply

support-swapna

snadschlaeger,

We have released an update to Webclipse. In the latest release Webclipse CI 6,the CodeLive’s Live Preview feature has been made more flexible. The release also has a fix for the missing Code Live dashboard for Maven based projects.

Please update to the latest release from Help > Check for Updates wizard and let us know how it works for you.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#496827 Reply

snadschlaeger
    Participant

It works now!

Thank you very much!

#496838 Reply

support-swapna

snadschlaeger,

Glad that it works. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: LivePreview with Spring MVC Maven project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in