facebook

Long term hosting

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Feedback & Suggestions
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

hi

uture Plans
    We are preparing to expand the AppSync services. We welcome your feedback. Some questions we are interested in understanding are:

1) Do you need long term hosting for your mobile webapp?
    1a) If yes, for how long?

2) Would you pay a small fee for these extended services if available today?

The answer to thiis is Yes, i would gladly pay a small fee.
    Regards

#346770 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

I was under the impression that M1 had given up on web apps, I posted this comment a couple of weeks ago but there was no response from support.

“I personally would not bother with web apps, there are so many unresolved issues. Web apps built with M1 2.6 will not install with offline support on Apple devices running iOS7, although web apps built with 2.3.2 will install on iOS7 but the back button function will still not work past the first run. Web apps built with 2.3.2 will install with offline support and work great on my iPhone 4 running iOS6.1.3. but who still uses 6.1.3. It’s been like this for months and I cannot see it getting fixed anytime soon”

#346803 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

>I posted this comment a couple of weeks ago but there was no response from support.

Nothing to report. Apple broke ios 7.0.x webapps, especially full-screen apps. When apple fixes the core issues then we will reengage our work.

We have not been able to verify your claim that asserts MobiOne 2.6 has broken offline/webapp support. Fundamentally there are no technical differences between mobione 2.3 and 2.6 in the use of appcache or webclips on ios7. Given that and my own experience with running yet another test just now with m2.3/webapp I recommend that no one rollback to MobiOne 2.3 seeking workaround for the fundamental apple issues in ios7 webclips implementation; the only solution requires apple to fix the issues it introduced in ios7.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Long term hosting

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in