facebook

Lost all toolbars

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

brgiles

I can’t believe a search has turned up nothing in either the help pages or the forums but maybe it’s a problem specific to Ubuntu 11.04. I’ve lost all of my toolbars and can’t figure out how to get them back. I’ve even tried minimizing all of the views and right-clicking on every conceivable spot, with no luck.

Needless to say I’m dead in the water until I can figure out the keyboard shortcuts for everything I do but I suspect ubuntu may preempt some of them.

#318178 Reply

support-joy

brgiles,

Sorry to hear you are running into this issue. Could you clarify what is the version of MyEclipse you are using? Have you added any 3rd party plugins recently? I would recommend you a quick re-install using pulse. Please follow below mentioned –
    1. Open Pulse(Start > Programs > Pulse > Pulse Explorer or download from http://www.poweredbypulse.com)
    2. Login to pulse, you can also login anonymously
    3. Select your Eclipse realm from top left dropdown. In case your are on ME 9.1, choose Eclipse – Helios
    4. Select your ME profile from My Profiles, right click on the same and click on [re-install and run]
    5. When prompted, please choose to restart the IDE.

Let me know how this works for you.

#318199 Reply

brgiles

It’s 9.1 – just installed. 64-bit Ubuntu 11.04 with Unity desktop. (I suspect some of the problems are due to Unity.) The same setup works fine on the sister 64-bit Ubuntu 10.10 system.

I decided to just do a fresh uninstall/reinstall instead of dealing with installing another app when it’s uncertain whether that would fix the problem. Reinstalling didn’t fix the problem. Deleting the workspace did.

It definitely looks like Unity is part of the problem – it preempts the top toolbar but doesn’t properly put it on the top of the screen (something I hate anyway). I don’t know how the other toolbars disappeared but once they were gone there was no way of recovering.

#318204 Reply

support-joy

brgiles,

Thank you for the details. I shall escalate your issue to dev team member. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#318221 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

brgiles,

I haven’t seen that problem with toolbars but there is certainly a problem with the Unity desktop, as far as [URL=https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-myeclipse-menu-amp-ubuntu-global-menu-bar/&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=]the global menu bar[/URL] is concerned.

If it happens again, can you log in with the Classic desktop and see if that helps?

Otherwise, it would be helpful if you could figure out the steps to reproduce it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Lost all toolbars

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in