facebook

Lost data, is there a way to recover it?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jace10

Hi, I was working on a java program for a class I am taking in Eclipse. My computer froze and when I rebooted the file i was currently in was completely empty. I almost had a heart attack since it has over 500 lines of code in it. The other files in the project are fine and are accurate up to my last save, but the file i was working in when it froze is blank. Is there some way i can recover this data? any help would be greatly appreciated

#313173 Reply

support-swapna

jace10,

I am sorry. You cannot retrieve it unless you have maintained it using any of the software versioning tools.

#313174 Reply

jace10

Thanks, I’ve been up all night recoding it anyway and now its better than it was before : p.

#313701 Reply

Just for your info, incase you have lost it due to some reason myeclipse/eclipse always have a local version of the file store.You can do this by right clicking on the file name and select the option Restore from local history. Just to make sure that the file was atleast once save.

I hope this helps you in future and u donot need to recode all night 🙂 . Good Luck.

Thanks,
    Sadashiv

#313738 Reply

support-swapna

sadashiv.borkar,

Thanks for the solution. It will surely help other users.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Lost data, is there a way to recover it?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in