facebook

Matisse form created by NetBeans hangs Eclipse/MyEclipseIDE

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Riyad Kalla

Christoph,
    Interesting… sounds like a corrupted workspace… if that happens again, try and restart using -clean and see if that does the trick will still maintaining your workspaces integrity.

See this for directions: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

#271734 Reply

Christoph

Hi Riyad,
    I tried to use -clean several times (I forgot to mention that). It surely is the workspace. I also tried to create a new project within the same workspace and re-checked out everything from SVN but the error was still there.
    For the moment everything is fine so far.

Thanks
    Christoph

#273499 Reply

ernestz

I’m running into a similar problem, but all of my form was created using ME 5.5.

I created a new Swing/Mantisse form and started laying out a simple dialog. I started adding a few event listeners and debug statements just to get more familiar with Swing. No problems.

But, then I shutdown MyEclipse and came back later. Each time I launched MyEclipse, it would hang, with the progress bar just a couple of notches from complete. I tried the -clean option, but no change. I had previously saved a setting not to problem for a workspace, so I could not create a new one for testing.

After some testing, I resorted to move the .form file out of the workspace. I lauched ME, and it loaded successfully. More testing reveals to me that if I exit ME with the .form file as the active file, ME will hang on the next startup. If I close the .form file, exit ME, I can restart with no problem, and then just go back and open the .form file.

The problem on seems to happen to me if I exit with the .form file as the active file.

Any thoughts?

#273513 Reply

Paul Baker

I’m having similar problems… I’m unable to load the form file.. When I try ME 5.5 hangs… The forms were created using ME 5.5.

#273584 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys this looks like a bug, thank you for reporting it. I’m going to file it ASAP and see if we can get this fixed fast.

Also the workaround is to make sure you close your Matisse forms before you exit. Again I’m sorry for the hickup.

#273585 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm after some testing we are having a hard time reproducing this in the lab. Can you guys try restarting using the -clean command line argument as outlined here to see if it helps:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-using-the-clean-command-line-argument/

#273606 Reply

ernestz

In my case, the ‘-clean’ option had no effect. If I exit ME with a Matisse form as the primary edit window, ME hangs on restart.

I created a new project, with a very simple form with a few JLabels, jTextField, JCheckBoxes, JButton, nothing fancy. Same problem, if I exit with the form as the active edit windows, ME hangs on next startup.

#273614 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ernestz,
    What JRE are you running MyEclipse with? (You can check under MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details)

#273659 Reply

ernestz

From MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details:

*** Date: 
    Wednesday, August 8, 2007 7:35:34 AM CDT

** System properties:
    OS=WindowsXP
    OS version=5.1
    Java version=1.5.0_11

*** MyEclipse details:
    MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench
    Version: 5.5.1 GA
    Build id: 20070521-5.5.1-GA

*** Eclipse details:
    Eclipse SDK

Version: 3.2.2
    Build id: M20070212-1330

Eclipse Platform

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070119-RQghndJN8IM0MsK

Eclipse Java Development Tools

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-R4CR0Znkvtfjv9-

Eclipse Project SDK

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-dCGKm0Ln38lm-8s

Eclipse RCP

Version: 3.2.2.r322_v20070104-8pcviKVqd8J7C1U

Eclipse Plug-in Development Environment

Version: 3.2.1.r321_v20060823-6vYLLdQ3Nk8DrFG

Eclipse Graphical Editing Framework

Version: 3.2.2.v20070208
    Build id: 20070208-1315

Eclipse startup command=-os
    win32
    -ws
    win32
    -arch
    x86
    -launcher
    C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe
    -name
    Eclipse
    -showsplash
    -exitdata
    248_74
    -vm C:\Windows\System32\javaw.exe
    -vm
    C:\WINDOWS\system32\javaw.exe

I might also add that I have added the System Property -Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true to my Eclipse startup. I was having problems with display corruption anytime I used the UML editor or Matisse form editor. The -Dsun.java2d.d3d=false property documented in https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/troubleshoot-display-is-corrupted-or-garbled/ did not appear to solve my problem, but a google search revealed this option, which appears to resolve my iimage corruption problems.

#273675 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ernestz,
    Does the lockup during startup occur with EVERY form… even an empty JPanel form with no widgets in it?

One of our users from this thread did send me an example form that locked up Matisse, but I wasn’t able to get it to lockup on my own. If you wanted to send me a small Java project with some example forms that locked up MyEclipse I would like to test that.

#273695 Reply

ernestz

I am only beginning to experiment with Matisse/Swing, and have only done two forms, both of which were JDialog forms.

I created a blank JPanel form and while it was the active edit window, I exitted ME and then re-launched ME. It loaded with no problem. I repeated the exit/launch sequence several six times, and never saw a hang.

But, then I opened the earlier JDialog form and exitted ME. Upon re-launching ME, it hangs as originally reported.

I zipped and sent you a copy of my test Matisse project as a private message.

#273703 Reply

Riyad Kalla

ernestz,
    Thank you for the test project. I imported it and opened the forms and tried closing/restarting MyEclipse with different combinations of the two forms each individual form, different ordered forms, new forms, etc. and couldn’t get it to lock up.

But I’m using our internal 6.0 GA build that is due for a final release in about a week… so it’s possible that we inadvertently fixed whatever it was causing the lock up.

#276158 Reply

billesbach

This message has not been recovered.

#280227 Reply

Tom Yamada
    Participant

#280310 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
Reply To: Matisse form created by NetBeans hangs Eclipse/MyEclipseIDE

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in