facebook

Maven integration for enterprise application project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Geert Arts

Since release 6.5 all project types have (optional) maven support, except the enterprise application project. Is it planned to add integration for that as well?
    What would be a good workaround in the meantime?

#286133 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Oh yes absolutely, we just didn’t get a chance to address it completely in 6.5. There isn’t a workaround at the moment for this though. Sorry.

#286205 Reply

michelz

When I tried to add a project A in a dependency of a project B (pom.xml), both in my workspace, with workspace resolution active, the web deploy doesn’t work.

Just make a test. Create 2 maven projects, one with web capability. Add the project as a dependency of the web project. Try to deploy it. Doesn’t work.

#286232 Reply

@michelz wrote:

Just make a test. Create 2 maven projects, one with web capability. Add the project as a dependency of the web project. Try to deploy it. Doesn’t work.

It looks like the deploy is working for me.
    Please import 2 projects from the attached zip file to your workspace. Then deploy “frontend” project to server.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #286253 Reply

michelz

I tried to deploy the sample projects… looks like everything is fine… but not. I got a warning after the deployment, showed in ‘problems’ view:

“Deployment failure on MyEclipse Tomcat . Could not copy all resources to C:\Java\workspace-myeclipse-6.5\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse\tomcat\webapps\frontend. If a file is locked, you can wait until the lock times out to redeploy, or stop the server and redeploy, or manually remove the deployment at C:\Java\workspace-myeclipse-6.5\.metadata\.plugins\com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.tomcat.myeclipse\tomcat\webapps\frontend”

If you put a dependency in the library project pom.xml like:

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.springframework</groupId>
    <artifactId>spring</artifactId>
    <version>2.5.4</version>
    </dependency>

And try to deploy frontend again, the spring.jar doesn’t not appear in the web-inf/lib after deployment, but in eclipse, it’s ok.

Thanks for reply!

#286277 Reply

I confirmed the issue (warning message and Jars not copied).

Thank you for reporting this issue. It will be addressed in the coming releases.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Maven integration for enterprise application project

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in