facebook

Maven support in 8.0

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Maven for MyEclipse (Maven4MyEclipse)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi.

1. Will I be able to use MyEclipse with *existing* (and complex) projects that didn’t work under MyEclise 7.x (but worked just fine with plain Eclipse+WTP+m2eclipse?
    – or, is the Maven support now on par with m2eclipse?

2. Also, will I be able to disable subversive, and instead use subclipse as my subversion plugin?
    – much the same issue here, we have a lot of projects checked out by tortoisesvn or command-line svn, and also use other tools to work on parts of these projects (like Visual Studio for .net parts etc.). Therefore, subversive’s approach of ‘owning’ the project, and not being able to easily just use already checked out projects is quite incompatible with our projects.

3. Is maybe MyEclipse Lite the solution to our problems?
    – if not these issues have been resolved in standard MyEclipse, and I am able to use the light version to disable the built-in maven+subversion support, and replace it with m2eclipse and subclipse I should be OK.

#302866 Reply

Loyal Water

1. Will I be able to use MyEclipse with *existing* (and complex) projects that didn’t work under MyEclise 7.x (but worked just fine with plain Eclipse+WTP+m2eclipse?
    – or, is the Maven support now on par with m2eclipse?

Currently MyEclipse tools support only Maven projects created using MyEclipse wizards.

2. Also, will I be able to disable subversive, and instead use subclipse as my subversion plugin?
    – much the same issue here, we have a lot of projects checked out by tortoisesvn or command-line svn, and also use other tools to work on parts of these projects (like Visual Studio for .net parts etc.). Therefore, subversive’s approach of ‘owning’ the project, and not being able to easily just use already checked out projects is quite incompatible with our projects.

You can install subclipse into ME and work with here. Here is the link to how to go about installing Subclipse:-
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=23453&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

3. Is maybe MyEclipse Lite the solution to our problems?
    – if not these issues have been resolved in standard MyEclipse, and I am able to use the light version to disable the built-in maven+subversion support, and replace it with m2eclipse and subclipse I should be OK.

ME lite will not solve the maven issue. Sorry about that. ME Lite has been introduce to improve the performance by installing only the components that you need. You cannot replace components.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Maven support in 8.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in