facebook

ME 2014 MyEclipse theme dialog is not working

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

support-tony
    Keymaster

Stacey,

Thanks for the ini file, it is the same as the one I’ve been using.

You say you’re trying to get 2014 working correctly, though have only mentioned the MyEclipse theme problem. Are there any other issues?

Also, as I’ve asked in previous replies:

1. are you able to try the workaround of installing version 1.0-0 of the libwebkitgtk package, as this fixed the problem for me (and I was able to install it even with a later version already installed)? If so, is that a reasonable workaround for now?
    2. if you can’t use that workaround, are you able to use other themes (or just not customize the MyEclipse theme? Our main concern is that you can continue to do the work you need.
    #348795 Reply

Michael Stacey
    Participant

I have libwekitgtk-1.0.0 installed. Thought I’d said that before.
    I will try the other themes, but it seems like this may cause other issues.
    How do you get the tabs at the bottom of the editor panes in this version?

#348798 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

stacey,

My apologies. When you said that you already had the library installed, I assumed you meant some version of the library, not necessarily 1.0-0 exactly. On my system, version 3 was already installed but installing 1.0-0 also, fixed the problem for me. However, I can’t replicate the exact symptoms that you have, though it is similar. I’ll try again as not being able to replicate your exact problem makes it difficult to determine a solution.

Regarding the editor tabs, I’m afraid that that preference seems to be missing from the 4.x versions of eclipse. I’ve raised a bug for this with eclipse. Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause.

#348883 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Stacey,

Just an update on my testing. I have been able to replicate your exact symptoms, by setting the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME environment variable, pointing to a xulrunner folder (in my case, /opt/xulrunner). I had previously had that variable unset. However, I still managed to successfully use the workaround of installing 1.0-0 of the libwebkitgtk library. So, I’m afraid I’m at a loss as to why the workaround isn’t working for you, though you might try unsetting the MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME variable to see if that helps (with the workaround).

I hope this hasn’t impaired your use of MyEclipse 2014 too much.

#348889 Reply

Michael Stacey
    Participant

Thanks for trying. That env variable is not set on my machine either, but the problem persists.

#348890 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Stacey,

Right. I did notice from the error messages in your log file that you did had that variable set, at some stage, so that’s what led me to try that and replicate your symptoms exactly. But since unsetting it still doesn’t help you, there must be some other aspect of your system that is causing the workaround to fail.

I think it may just be a matter of waiting for that particular problem to resolve itself in later releases of the OS or eclipse, though if I think of some other aspect to try, I’ll do some more checking.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
Reply To: ME 2014 MyEclipse theme dialog is not working

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in