facebook

ME 2014 Still missing crucual features

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author

mongonv
    Participant

Pradeep,
    I ran the update in ME 2014, currently Build id: 12.0.0-20131202, restarted ME and opened the workspace that was not letting me right click on the toolbar to customize and I still get nothing when right clicking the toolbar.

Window / Customize Perspective does open now from the menu, which it did not do before, but there is still a problem with the right click on the toolbar.

The workspace was created with ME 2014 and has only had a couple dummy 2014 test projects created, so there is nothing from previous versions in the workspace I am checking this against.

Let me know if there is something else you want me to try.

Thanks,
    Ed

#346256 Reply

Ed,

Eclipse 4.x doesn’t have the ‘Context menu on toolbar’ feature. As MyEclipse 2014 is based on eclipse 4.3, MyEclipse 2014 too doesn’t have this feature. You can use Window > Hide toolbar / Customize perspective.

Let us know if you see any issues.

#346262 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry to hear that someone in the Eclipse world had the not-so-brilliant idea to remove what is probably the most common feature of applications that have a configurable toolbar, the context menu for toolbar options.

Sounds like Eclipse is going the path of Microsoft and Jetbrains and determining for the world what is best for you in how you should do your work, sad state for sure.

#346282 Reply

Ed,

I would suggest you to raise an enhancement request on Eclipse forums for better support.

Let us know if you see any issues with MyEclipse.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
Reply To: ME 2014 Still missing crucual features

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in