facebook

ME 2015 generates wrong SOAP address in WSDL

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mongonv
    Participant

We have a number of SOAP services that we have been using and generating in ME 10.7 for years. We are trying to move to ME 2015, but it is generating the wrong address for the services.

The section appears at the bottom of the WSDL and here are the two versions:

Generated ME 10.7 service configuration in WSDL file:

<service name=”OFSiteSrvcService”>
    <port binding=”tns:OFSiteSrvcPortBinding” name=”OFSiteSrvcPort”>
    <soap:address location=”http://localhost:8080/OF-WsMain/OFSiteSrvcPort”/&gt;
    </port>
    </service>

Generated ME 2015 service configuration in WSDL file:

<service name=”OFSiteSrvcService”>
    <port binding=”tns:OFSiteSrvcPortBinding” name=”OFSiteSrvcPort”>
    <soap:address location=”http://localhost:8080/OF-WsMain/OFSiteSrvcService”/&gt;
    </port>
    </service>

The difference is on the soap:address, the 10.7 format works with both running versions, the one generated on 2015 does not work when it is hit by a service client.

As far as I can find, there are no preferences to set, the options selected for running the bottom-up generation are the same, and I cannot find anything to alter what ME 2015 is doing.

Anyone have any info on what might be causing this?

Thanks

#354171 Reply

support-swapna

mongonv,

Thank you for pointing to this issue. We could replicate the issue at our end. The soap:address should use the Port name instead.The dev team is working on it.

As a workaround, please replace the generated WSDL with the one supplied by the service after deployment.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

#354176 Reply

Brian Fernandes

mongonv,

As Swapna said, we’re working on a fix for this for the next release. Do let us know of any other problems you have found migrating to 2015.

#354178 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Swapna,
    We are the ones generating the web service so there is no other wsdl to replace it with, that is why its an important issue.

With this bug, we will have to edit the generated wsdl’s after every change, so we hope that a fix will be available very soon.

Thanks

#354273 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Any word on when this fix will be getting completed?

Having to edit the wsdl on every generation is very annoying to say the least.

#354274 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ed,

Apologies, we have already fixed this and it will be in the next release. We’re stuck on the last few issues and it should be available early next week.

#354275 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Great!!
    Thanks Brian

#389827 Reply

support-swapna

Ed,

The fix is out with our latest CI release, MyEclipse 2015 CI 13.
    Please check and let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: ME 2015 generates wrong SOAP address in WSDL

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in