facebook

ME 3.8.4 requires plug-in "org.eclipse.core.runtime(3.0

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

grossmaa

1) What operating system and version are you running?
    a. Windows XP Professional
    b. Version 2002 SP 2

2) What Eclipse version and build id are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform)
    a. Eclipse 3.1M7 – Build ID:I20050513-1415

3) Was Eclipse freshly installed for MyEclipse? Yes

4) Are any other external plugins installed? EMF/JDT/VE/GEF/PDE

5) How many plugins in the <eclipse>/plugins directory are like org.eclipse.pde.*

6) What MyEclipse version are you using? (Help > About Eclipse Platform > Features) 3.8.4+QF2-BetaFor3.1M7 BuildID: 200501171200-3.8.4

7) What JDK version are you using to run Eclipse? JDK 1.5

8) What JDK version are you using to launch your application server?
    JDK 1.5

9) What steps did you take that resulted in the issue?
    a. I had errors when trying to open visual editor items (“Setup Java Visual Editor”), so I tried to use the update configuration tool to get the new features off of Eclipse.org. When I looked at the error messages after it whined at me about the current configuration having problems I clicked the “Error Details…” button (the bottom button to the right of the updates window). It gives the following message:

MyEclipse Web Development Tooling (3.8.4) requires plug-in “org.eclipse.core.runtime (3.0.0)”, or equivalent.

b. I don’t want the eclipse 3.0.0 core runtime since I want to use Eclipse 3.1…..So what do I do?

10) What application server are you using? Tomcat 5

11) Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file?
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2005-06-22 14:23:02.926
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.jface”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    at org.eclipse.ve.internal.java.codegen.editorpart.JavaVisualEditorPart.init(JavaVisualEditorPart.java:228)

#231647 Reply

Riyad Kalla

grossma,
    This was a mistake in our feature xml file specifying the wrong version of Eclipse that is required. We will be releasing a 4.0 Milestone 2 for Eclipse 3.1 RC/GA late next week, please use that release to work around that problem. In the mean time you can manually update VE without the update manager as a workaround.

#231660 Reply

grossmaa

Hi Riyad,

The JSP Source editor seems to be working okay, but what I’d really like is the preview panel to function. (It works for the HTML pages). Is there any way to get it to work until the end of next week? Thanks.

Amy

#231663 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Amy,

No there isn’t as it’s riding on broken API’s. Only an update to the code will fix it, and that will be next week.

#231668 Reply

grossmaa

Okay. Thanks anyway.

–Amy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: ME 3.8.4 requires plug-in "org.eclipse.core.runtime(3.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in