facebook

ME 8.5M2 – Software and Workspace Center Confusion…

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Hi:
    I guess I must be used to the way that the old plugin installation and updates used to work on earlier versions of ME. Buried somewhere in the Software and Workspace Center perspective is a way to actually install/update new software but I haven’t been able to figure it out in the couple of minutes of time that I gave to it. Honestly, I think that this is a serious usability issue for ME users if it is not immediately obvious how to install/update their ME configurations and I think that the designers should really give this post some consideration. In the meantime, if you could post a reply on how to perform new installations and updates, it would be greatly appreciated…..

#306529 Reply

support-joy

Mike,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Software and Workspace Center. Since this is a new feature and you are used to work on earlier version features, you may not be familiar to the functioning of Software and Workspace Center.
    Now coming to the problem at hand – MyEclipse Configuration Center contains 4 tabs – Dashboard, Software, Collaboration and Subscription. To add a new software, click on Software Tab. If you have an update site, click on *add site* under “Browse Software” and follow the wizard. You can also use the Search for Plug-ins section.
    “My Software” lists Base, Personal and Shared Software. Personal Software lists all the 3rd party plugins and/or features.
    Let me know if you need any other assistance.

Best.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: ME 8.5M2 – Software and Workspace Center Confusion…

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in