facebook

ME Pro 2014 project rebuild Could not write metadata for '/home'.

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

eugenejsn
    Participant

ME PRO 2014 on SUSE Linux 12.

Project–> Clean –> Automatically rebuild –> Message:

Periodic wrokspace save. has encountered a problem.

Could not write metadata for ‘/home’.
    /myeclipse/workspaces/deepy/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.projects/home/.markers.snap (No such file or directory)

What is this a message about?

How can I fix it?

Thanks

Eugene

#384568 Reply

eugenejsn
    Participant

ME Pro 2014 on SUSE Linux 12.

File –> exit –> message:

Problems occurred while trying to save the state of the workbench.

Could not write workspace metadata ‘/myeclipse/workspaces/deepy/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.root/187.tree’.
    /myeclipse/workspaces/deepy/.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.core.resources/.root/187.tree (No such file or directory)

1) What is this bug about?

2) How to fix it?

Thanks

Eugene

#385797 Reply

support-swapna

Eugene,

Sorry that you are seeing issues with MyEclipse.I have merged the two posts as one as they appear to be similar issues. It might be permissions issue on the directories or a corrupted workspace.

1.Can you please try refreshing your workspace and see if it fixes the issue? To refresh the workspace, Ctrl+click on your projects in the MyEclipse Explorer, right click and select ‘Refresh’.

2.If the above does not fix the issue, please close the IDE, go to the workspace dir (/myeclipse/workspaces/deepy/),delete the .metadata folder,restart the IDE and import the necessary project once again if your project references are deleted.

3.If you are comfortable moving to a new workspace,please import the projects to a new workspace and see if the issue persists. If the issue persists, please send us the .log file which is located at /.metadata/.log for further investigation.

4.Please also check this link for more suggestions if the above steps do not work : http://www.codeitive.com/0NHqPUUVPU/eclipse-periodic-workspace-save-has-encountered-a-pro%E2%80%8Dblem.html

Let us know how it works for you.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: ME Pro 2014 project rebuild Could not write metadata for '/home'.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in