facebook

ME4.1GA on E3.1.2 removes Hibernate Console perspective

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Empty

– System Setup ——————————-
    Operating System and version: Windows XP Professional SP2
    Eclipse version: 3.1.2
    Eclipse build id: M20060118-1600
    Fresh Eclipse install (y/n): y
    Other installed external plugins: Eclipse TPTP 4.1 & Hibernate Tools 3.1b4
    Number of plugins in the plugins directory that begin with org.eclipse.pde.*: 8, 4 (3.1.2) + 4 (3.1.2.200601181600)
    MyEclipse version: 4.1GA
    Eclipse JDK version: 1.5.0_06
    Are there any exceptions in the Eclipse log file? no

– Message Body ——————————-

This morning I was running ME4.0.3 with E3.1. I wanted to upgrade to ME4.1 but couldn’t see it through the eclipse update manager so I downloaded a full installation. I saw that it was good for E3.1.x so I decided to get the latest Eclipse build as well. I uninstalled MyEclipse, removed my old copy of Eclipse, and replaced it with the new one. Before I installed MyEclipse I added Eclipse’s TPTP 4.1 Runtime and Hibernate Tools 3.1b4. I tried using both and everything worked OK. I installed ME4.1GA and now the Hibernate Console is gone (I can’t even see it in the list of available perspectives). If I go to the “Manage configuration” window in Eclipse it says the feature is installed and working properly. I’m not sure if this is Hibernate’s fault or MyEclipse’s but the Console worked just fine on E3.1.2 without ME so I’m assuming this might be due to some Hibernate-related features that have been added in version 4.1. FYI – The Console was working fine on ME4.03 with E3.1 this morning. Has anyone else experienced this or am I the only one?

Ben

#245704 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Ben,

FYI – The Console was working fine on ME4.03 with E3.1 this morning. Has anyone else experienced this or am I the only one?

Nope, you’re not the only one. It’s an unfortunate incompatibility that was inadvertantly introduced into 4.1GA and which we’ll fix in 4.1.1 in Feb. More details are here: https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/jboss-hibernate-tools-plugin-conflict-in-myeclipse-4-1/#post-245695
    Unfortunately the workaround if you must have the Console capability is to revert to 4.0.3 until 4.1.1 can be released. In the interim, we apologize for the inconvenience this is causing.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: ME4.1GA on E3.1.2 removes Hibernate Console perspective

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in