facebook

ME4S configuration center problem

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Steven Fines

Whenever I click on a personal repository in ME4S I get the following NPE:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jface 4 2 2012-02-15 11:28:08.986
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: "org.eclipse.jface".
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.genuitec.pulse2.common.ui.ImageServices.createScaled(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.common.collab.ui.tab.software.NormalBrowseSelectionSectionPart.refresh(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.contrib.ui.blueprint.BlueprintAwareSectionPart.refresh(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.common.collab.ui.tab.software.SoftwareTabFormPart.selectionChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.contrib.ui.provisional.tablesection.TitledViewersScrolledComposite.fireSelectionChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.contrib.ui.provisional.tablesection.TitledViewersScrolledComposite.handleSelectionChanged(Unknown Source)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.contrib.ui.provisional.tablesection.TitledViewersScrolledComposite$1.selectionChanged(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jface.viewers.Viewer$2.run(Viewer.java:164)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:42)

To reproduce, add a personal site and then click on the site name in the configuration center.

#323343 Reply

Steven Fines

Additionally, If I click the “Apply Changes” button, it throws the following exception:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2012-02-15 11:40:04.354
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    org.eclipse.swt.SWTException: Failed to execute runnable (java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4282)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4197)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:138)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runAsyncMessages(Display.java:4140)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3757)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
        at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
        at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
        at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
        at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
        at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Argument not valid
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4263)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4197)
        at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:4168)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.error(Widget.java:468)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.setImages(Decorations.java:1063)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.contrib.ui.internal.LazyBlueprintImpl$5$1.configureShell(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.createShell(Window.java:502)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.create(Window.java:430)
        at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog.create(Dialog.java:1089)
        at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:790)
        at com.genuitec.pulse.client.contrib.ui.internal.LazyBlueprintImpl$5.run(Unknown Source)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.RunnableLock.run(RunnableLock.java:35)
        at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.runAsyncMessages(Synchronizer.java:135)
        ... 22 more

The MyEclipse configuration center is certainly broken beyond usability, at least on my install. Please provide information on how to configure the default eclipse configuration center.

#323467 Reply

support-joy

sfines,

Sorry to hear you are running into issues. Please answer below queries to help me investigate further –
    1. What is your OS?
    2. Copy and paste your installation details here. Open MyEclipse for Spring IDE, from menu options click on MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details > [Copy to Clipboard] and paste the same here.

To reproduce, add a personal site and then click on the site name in the configuration center.

I am afraid, your reproduction script is not clear to me and I could not reproduce the same. Could you give me detailed steps. Please include detailed steps.

I would recommend you perform a repair or create another copy of MyEclipse for Spring. To do the same, open MyEclipse for Spring installer file. This would list you 4 options, you could choose to either repair the profile / create another copy.

Let me know how this works for you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: ME4S configuration center problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in