facebook

ME8.0/Mac – Error when opening JSF pages

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

mulpuri
    Participant

This message has not been recovered.

#305104 Reply

Brian Fernandes

#305110 Reply

mulpuri
    Participant

#305113 Reply

henk

#305189 Reply

Brian Fernandes

henk,

Thanks much for the extended investigation. As you already ascertained, the problem does originate because our projects do not have the module core nature, causing the NPE (
    at org.eclipse.jst.jsf.core.internal.tld.CMUtil.getStandaloneTLDURI(CMUtil.java:129) and subsequent failure of the Visual editor to show up. I sent this information to our developers and we have already fixed this – this fix will make it to 8.5M2.

The problem is caused by TLDs which do not have a URI identifying them. If you would like to fix them, all you need to do is edit the TLD and add a unique URI (can be any unique URL) to identify the taglib.
    For example:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
    <!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
    1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">
    <taglib>
       <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
       <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
       <shortname>Files</shortname>
       <info>Main file hosting</info>

In this case, you need to add a <uri> element after the <shortname> element (ordering is important) to make your taglib something like

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
    <!DOCTYPE taglib PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD JSP Tag Library
    1.1//EN" "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-jsptaglibrary_1_1.dtd">
    <taglib>
       <tlibversion>1.0</tlibversion>
       <jspversion>1.1</jspversion>
       <shortname>Files</shortname>
       <uri>http://example.com/mytaglib</uri>
       <info>Main file hosting</info>

Note – the URIs must be unique to each taglib.

You need to do this for all TLD files in your project (even those that may not be referenced) in case they do not contain the URI element. This workaround will not be required in future MyEclipse releases – I apologize for the inconvenience caused.

#305209 Reply

mulpuri
    Participant

This solution worked. We had an empty uri element in one of our custom tld files.

Setting a value in this element fixed the problem.

Thanks,
    Bhaskar

#305274 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Bhaskar,

Thanks for reporting back – glad it know it worked.

#306296 Reply

alaiseca
    Participant

Any news on this issue? I recently upgraded to 8.5M2 and got the same XULRunner problem when I try to open a JSF page from my project (please see strack trace below). Please help me; I’m stuck with my project because of this problem!

Here is the session data:

eclipse.buildId=M20090917-0800
    java.version=1.6.0_17
    java.vendor=Apple Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=macosx, ARCH=x86_64, WS=cocoa, NL=es_ES
    Framework arguments: -keyring /Users/alaiseca/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation
    Command-line arguments: -os macosx -ws cocoa -arch x86_64 -keyring /Users/alaiseca/.eclipse_keyring -showlocation

Here is the stack trace:

org.eclipse.swt.SWTError: No more handles [Could not detect registered XULRunner to use]
    at org.eclipse.swt.SWT.error(SWT.java:3910)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Mozilla.create(Mozilla.java:472)
    at org.eclipse.swt.browser.Browser.<init>(Browser.java:119)
    at org.jboss.tools.vpe.xulrunner.browser.XulRunnerBrowser.<init>(XulRunnerBrowser.java:87)
    at org.jboss.tools.vpe.xulrunner.editor.XulRunnerEditor.<init>(XulRunnerEditor.java:126)
    at org.jboss.tools.vpe.editor.mozilla.MozillaPreview$1.<init>(MozillaPreview.java:76)
    at org.jboss.tools.vpe.editor.mozilla.MozillaPreview.createPartControl(MozillaPreview.java:76)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:242)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.addPage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:212)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.jsf.designer.editors.JSFDesignerEditor.createAndAddPreviewPage(JSFDesignerEditor.java:264)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.jsf.designer.editors.JSFDesignerEditor.createPages(JSFDesignerEditor.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:357)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:662)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:462)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:595)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.requestActivation(PartPane.java:263)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorPane.requestActivation(EditorPane.java:98)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setFocus(PresentablePart.java:192)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation$1.handleEvent(TabbedStackPresentation.java:94)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder.java:270)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.fireEvent(AbstractTabFolder.java:275)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder.handleMouseDown(AbstractTabFolder.java:345)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.AbstractTabFolder$3.mouseDown(AbstractTabFolder.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:179)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:3543)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1250)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1273)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1258)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(Widget.java:1079)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3441)
    at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3100)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2405)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2369)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2221)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$5.run(Workbench.java:500)
    at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:493)
    at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
    at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:113)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:194)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:368)
    at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:559)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:514)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1311)

#306328 Reply

alaiseca
    Participant

As complementary information, I created a brand new installation for both Eclipse SDK 3.5.1 and then MyEclipse 8.5 M2 with no other plugins (I suspected that probably other plugins might be interfering with MyEclipse). I also tried a -clean option in eclipse.ini file. No luck: When I try to open a JSP belonging to a project with JSF capabilities I get the exception asking me to restart the workbench. It’s clear to me that the problem has to do with JSF, since I don’t have any problem when opening JSPs belonging to other projects not using JSF at all.

I would also like to know if Visual Designer for JSPs is available or not on Mac; I’m a bit confused about this. Your list of features says it is; however, I don’t get the Design tab I used to see when I worked on Windows.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: ME8.0/Mac – Error when opening JSF pages

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in