facebook

Memory settings

1. Secure Delivery Center
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

heeckhau

How can I increase the default heap size of an Eclipse IDE package I distribute via SDC?
    Can I edit the eclipse.ini somewhere?

Thanks,
    Hendrik.

#341012 Reply

sdc-support

Hello Hendrik,

If you just want to do it for one package, you can edit eclipse.ini. You can change the values to whatever you need.

But if you want to do it ALL packages, create an Environmental Policy->Launch Arguments in SDC Admin Console, and use the common policy across various packages that needs custom memory settings.

Hope this answers your question.

Thank You,

Best Regards
    Radhika – SDC Support

#341016 Reply

heeckhau

I found it. Thanks,
    Hendrik.

#341026 Reply

gte674n

This probably falls under a feature request. We currently set memory arguments via the environmental policies. Since we have 32 & 64 bit machines, it would be nice if we could specify two different memory settings and have the installer use the corresponding setting based on what the user selects at install time. Or is this already possible?

#341043 Reply

sdc-support

Hello,

Yes, this will be a feature request. .

Thank you for reporting this. I will escalate your request and get back to you one the status once available.

Regards

Radhika – SDC Support.

#349341 Reply

sdc-support

Hello again,

This request was introduced on the SDC 2013 SR3, you can try it yourself! If any question about it, please tell us.

Best regards,
    the SDC Team.

#354035 Reply

dafaa45

It would be nice if we could specify two different memory settings and have the installer use the corresponding setting based on what the user selects at install time. Or is this already possible?

#354195 Reply

Anabella
    Participant

Hello dafaa45,

This is already possible. Please check 1.4 in this link:

“To target a specific architecture, add an argument prefix of (x86) or (x86_64). This allows you to target installations on 32-bit or 64-bit architectures, respectively.”

https://www.genuitec.com/products/sdc/learning-center/policies/configuring-environmental-policy/

As an example, it would be something like this:

(x86)-Xmx256m
    (x86_64)-Xmx512m

Hope that helps!

Anabella

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Memory settings

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in