facebook

Merge error

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

davidsos

I have an application on ME 6.5 using Spring 2.0 and Hibernate 3.1 with MySQL 5.0.51b and their 5.1.6 JDC connector which returns an error when updates (using DAO merge) are made to a specific table that has a many to many relation. I created a simple JAVA console test program and reverse engineered the database to test the problem such as to eliminate all the Web, etc. baggage. I get the same result. Here’s the trace, I’d appreciate some much needed help.

Exception in thread “main” org.springframework.dao.InvalidDataAccessResourceUsageException: Could not execute JDBC batch update; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
    Caused by: org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
    at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:67)
    at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:202)
    at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:235)
    at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:140)
    at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:297)
    at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:985)
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateAccessor.flushIfNecessary(HibernateAccessor.java:390)
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.execute(HibernateTemplate.java:373)
    at org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTemplate.merge(HibernateTemplate.java:762)
    at tgs.alu.blacklist.dao.BlacklistSourceDAO.merge(BlacklistSourceDAO.java:171)
    at tgs.alu.test1.Test1.doBlacklistSource(Test1.java:82)
    at tgs.alu.test1.Test1.main(Test1.java:30)
    Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘Interval=10, Retries=2 where BlacklistSourceID=2’ at line 1
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatchSerially(PreparedStatement.java:1666)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatch(PreparedStatement.java:1082)
    at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeBatch(DelegatingStatement.java:297)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.doExecuteBatch(BatchingBatcher.java:58)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:195)
    … 11 more

#287918 Reply

davidsos

I wrote another test, eliminating spring and still have the same error. I used ME 6.5 with Hibernate 3.1 with MySQL 5.0.51b and their 5.1.6 JDC connector. I’ll copy the stack trace below and follow that with the test code. Remember the only table I’m having this problem appears to be the one with a many to many relation.

======================================
    Save failed: Could not execute JDBC batch update
    org.hibernate.exception.SQLGrammarException: Could not execute JDBC batch update
    at org.hibernate.exception.SQLStateConverter.convert(SQLStateConverter.java:67)
    at org.hibernate.exception.JDBCExceptionHelper.convert(JDBCExceptionHelper.java:43)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:202)
    at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:235)
    at org.hibernate.engine.ActionQueue.executeActions(ActionQueue.java:140)
    at org.hibernate.event.def.AbstractFlushingEventListener.performExecutions(AbstractFlushingEventListener.java:297)
    at org.hibernate.event.def.DefaultFlushEventListener.onFlush(DefaultFlushEventListener.java:27)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.flush(SessionImpl.java:985)
    at org.hibernate.impl.SessionImpl.managedFlush(SessionImpl.java:333)
    at org.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransaction.commit(JDBCTransaction.java:106)
    at tgs.alu.test2.Test2.doBlacklistSource(Test2.java:43)
    at tgs.alu.test2.Test2.main(Test2.java:18)
    Caused by: java.sql.BatchUpdateException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘Interval=10, Retries=2 where BlacklistSourceID=2’ at line 1
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatchSerially(PreparedStatement.java:1666)
    at com.mysql.jdbc.PreparedStatement.executeBatch(PreparedStatement.java:1082)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.BatchingBatcher.doExecuteBatch(BatchingBatcher.java:58)
    at org.hibernate.jdbc.AbstractBatcher.executeBatch(AbstractBatcher.java:195)
    … 9 more

=============================================
    public static void doBlacklistSource()
    {
    BlacklistSource blacklistSource = null;
    BlacklistSourceDAO blacklistSourceDAO = new BlacklistSourceDAO();
    Integer id = new Integer(2);
    blacklistSource = blacklistSourceDAO.findById(id);
    if (blacklistSource == null)
    {
    System.out.println(“No records found for BlackSourceId = ” + id);
    return;
    }
    String webSiteName = blacklistSource.getWebSiteName();
    System.out.println(“Found WebSiteName: ” + webSiteName);
    webSiteName = webSiteName + “s”;
    blacklistSource.setWebSiteName(webSiteName);
    Transaction tx = null;
    try
    {
    Session session = blacklistSourceDAO.getSession();
    tx = session.beginTransaction();
    blacklistSourceDAO.merge(blacklistSource);
    // blacklistSourceDAO.attachDirty(blacklistSource); <— Same problem too
    tx.commit();
    BlacklistSource blacklistSourceX = blacklistSourceDAO.findById(id);
    webSiteName = blacklistSourceX.getWebSiteName();
    System.out.println(“Updated WebSiteName: ” + webSiteName);
    }
    catch (HibernateException e) {
    System.out.println(“Save failed: ” + e.getMessage());
    e.printStackTrace();
    tx.rollback();
    }
    finally
    {
    try
    {
    blacklistSourceDAO.getSession().close();
    }
    catch (Exception e)
    {
    System.out.println(“Close failed: ” + e.getMessage());
    e.printStackTrace();
    }
    }

}

#287923 Reply

Loyal Water

Your using the Keyword interval in your update statement. Thats the reason why your getting this . You need to change the name of your column.

#287925 Reply

davidsos

@support-nipun wrote:

Your using the Keyword interval in your update statement. Thats the reason why your getting this . You need to change the name of your column.

Bingo, that’s it, I must be getting blind. Thank you. Now I’ll try it on my fullscale program.

#287970 Reply

Loyal Water

Your welcome.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Merge error

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in