facebook

migrating beta-2 struts model extension file – mex [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

joelu

I am running 3.8beta2 on eclipse 3.0 final on win xp pro.

when I tried to open the struts-config.xml, got message box.
    “Unable to locate Struts model extension file .struts-config.mex. A new file will be created……”

but the newly create file has incorrect name, it missing the dot at the beginning of the file,

struts-config.mex instead of .struts-config.mex

I am not sure if this is a know bug or only me encount such an issue.

#210060 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

It’s supposed to be struts-config.mex. The name is incorrect in the dialog. Thanks for reporting it so we can get it fixed in the GA version.

#210070 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

We just reviewed the design notes and there was a late change to the struts model file to prepend a “.”. The dot prefix was added to allow mex files to be filtered along with other support/metadata files. I don’t believe there was an upgrade for this change.

#210114 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Michael, are you confirming this is a bug or no? Can I close this or mark it as a bug?

#210119 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

From beta-2 and thereafter the struts modeler datafile (mex for modeler extension file, I think) will carry the same name as the struts-config or module file name with a dot ‘.’ prepended. Additionally the mex file must reside in the same directory as its corresponding struts config/module file. The workaround when migrating from beta-1 > beta-2 is to prepend a ‘.’ to the mex filename. Unfortunately this info was omitted from the release notes.

#210121 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Joelu, can you erase the mex file (both of them if there is a dot file) and reopen your struts-cofnig and see if the problem has gone away?

#210133 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Note, a warning dialog is presented by the StrutsConfigEditor if the .struts-config.xml file does not exist. This is because the .*.mex is assumed to have been created by the struts wizards at the time the config/module file is created. The warning dialog is informational and a new .mex file is dynamcially created. If you observe this warning dialog and don’t have a .mex file just disregard. Otherwise if you have an existing mex file for the struts config/module file then close the StrutsConfigEditor w/o saving and then rename the .mex file the same name of the config/module file with the dot prepended.

I hope this makes sense.

#210153 Reply

joelu

Now, I understand what happens there, the beta-1 has .mex file without dot prepended while beta-2 has the same file name with dot prepended, And in beta-2, the file will only be created temporary with a warning message.

So can the .mex file be created permanently when I try to open the struts-config.xml? that will prevent the warning message to be shown everytime.

JOe

#210154 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

Most definitely. I observe that a missing .mex file is not created unless the config file is modified and saved. We’ll fix this for GA. Thanks for your patience.

#265311 Reply

pmandal
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.1.0 GA on windows XP, when I try to open my project I get the following message

Unable to locate struts model extension .struts-config.mex
    A new file will be created to retain graphical layout data between modeling sessions

This has happened whenever I tried to open the project(three times so far), when I checked the directory I see there is a file .struts-config.mex in the WebRoot\WEB-INF

The project was earlier created in MyEclipse 4.0.3 GA with eclipse version 3.1.1

Please help.

thanks
    Pankaj

#265312 Reply

pmandal
    Participant

Hi,

I have installed MyEclipse Enterprise Workbench 5.1.0 GA on windows XP, when I try to open my project I get the following message

Unable to locate struts model extension .struts-config.mex
    A new file will be created to retain graphical layout data between modeling sessions

This has happened whenever I tried to open the project(three times so far), when I checked the directory I see there is a file .struts-config.mex in the WebRoot\WEB-INF

The project was earlier created in MyEclipse 4.0.3 GA with eclipse version 3.1.1

Please help.

thanks
    Pankaj

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: migrating beta-2 struts model extension file – mex [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in