facebook

Migration to ME – Android "go to URL"

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
  • Author

Paul_paul
    Participant

I can send you the apk file, is that what you want? or do you need all the files? I can send the whole thing it’s only 2mb

#353294 Reply

Hi,

Yes, you can send the whole thing if its easier.

#353295 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

sent to support at genuitec, please let me know that you have received it.

#353300 Reply

Hi,

Looks like it came in, I will check it out today.

#353302 Reply

Hi,

While I got your apk and www folder the apk was a release build so its not debuggable. Though I can verify that using the datetimeBuilder from the tutorial the following call will work if there is not something else wrong:

window.open(‘http://genuitec.com’, ‘_blank’, ‘location=yes,toolbar=yes, toolbarposition=top’);

Attached is a screen shot from my Nexus 5 test device running the datetime builder app and using the above call to open the Genuitec home page. You can see the controls on the top, along with the X button to close the InAppBrowser.

I suspect there is something interfering with the call in your code somewhere.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #353306 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Thx Brandon I never even gave that a thought. I have sent the project again with debug apk, would appreciate if you could figure out what is wrong.

#353308 Reply

Hi,

I got the new apk file and checked it out. I don’t see any direct errors but something is certainly stopping it from coming up like it should. My only other thought at this time is that it is an issue with the plugin version. If you are doing a local build I would uninstall the InAppBrowser plugin and reinstall it. If you are doing a remote build I would check to see what plugin it is using on their build listing.

Another thing you could try and do is create a small sample project with the same phoneui.js file and see if that one works. I have attached the phoneui.js file from my datetime project that I got the screen shot from as well so you can try it, though it looks like they are the same version.

I will also pass the apk along to some of the other devs to see if they can spot anything.

#353310 Reply

Hi,

It seems the error is coming from the command I typed in,

window.open(‘http://genuitec.com’, ‘_blank’, ‘location=yes,toolbar=yes, toolbarposition=top’);

“…The options string must not contain any blank space, and each feature’s name/value pairs must be separated by a comma….”

See the space in the toolbar and toolbar position options…If you make sure there is no spaces it should work correctly.

#353318 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Hi Brandon, I don’t think this is the cause of the JS not working, I tried with no spaces and the new phoneui.js but it didn’t make any difference. I then created a one button app to point to a URL with the same settings on the build and it worked as required with the controls visible as yours did. I guess there must be something in my apps causing it to fail. I currently have 3 apps that are all affected by this and all have the same custom.js file, could there be something there not right? I am also using the iOS7 theme CSS to remove the item borders but I don’t believe that would cause it, or would it? I really need to get this sorted before the shutdown at the end of this month so help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

#353321 Reply

Hi,

Ok, I think I found some issues. The references in your html file didn’t get changed.
    You can change the ones in your current project to be phonegap.js not rte/cordova.js and try that, if it still doesnt work my suggestion is to rerun the tutorial on your project as a new project to test it.
    After you run the ant script open your main html file, and look for the part that references the phonegap.js, it should be only phonegap.js, not rte/cordova.js.

#353325 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

It seems to have done the trick, I changes this line
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”rte/cordova.js”></script>
    to
    <script type=”text/javascript” src=”phonegap.js”></script>
    rebuilt the file and everything seems to be working right.
    Yay! Thanks a lot 🙂

#353338 Reply

Awesome, glad it is working!

#353361 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Hi Brandon, Which version of phoneui.js is the latest?

Also I have M1 Android versions building in ME just about right now but I still have a problem with ‘go to URL’ in the iOS build, I don’t want the url address showing just above the ‘Done” toolbar, how do I stop it showing?

#353362 Reply

TheThirdMan

You should seriously consider going native. It’s really not that hard. I’ve finished one Android app and will have my first iOS-native app soon. Why keep being a second-class developer?

#353363 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

Have you heard the proverb ‘you can’t teach an old dog new tricks’? sadly that applies here. I can remember what I did 50 years ago but, what was I saying again?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 39 total)
Reply To: Migration to ME – Android "go to URL"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in