facebook

Migration wizard migrates to state that can never work

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lofi
    Participant

I installed MyEclipse 2015 Stable 2. The migration wizard migrated my J2EE 4 / JBoss 4 project to a J2EE 5 project.

The problem with that is, that this kind of migration doesn’t make any sense, because that kind of combination (J2EE 5 with JBoss 4) won’t ever work.

So after the migration I was presented with errors, that I couldn’t e. g. deploy to my “JBoss 4 (migrated)”.

I had to manually downgrade the facets, e. g.:

* change from generic runtime 5 to 4
    * change from ejb 3.0 to 2.1
    * change from dynamic web module 2.5 to 2.4

In the end I got it all to work, so I just wanted to let you know in case you want to address the migration wizard.

#392505 Reply

support-swapna

Lofi,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue with migration.The migration wizard does not upgrade the project facets version. I could not replicate the issue at my end with a J2EE 1.4 project.

Can you please send us all the .* files of the project (.classpath,.settings,.project etc) before migration to help us investigate further?

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#392681 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

Thank you Swapna,

yes, you’re right, the project isn’t upgraded. It’s a J2EE 5 / JBoss 4 project, sorry about that.

The problem I’m stuck with is that I can’t add a deployment to the JBoss 4 server, not even the migrated one. In the “Deploy modules” dialog, when I select “JBoss AS 4.x”, I get the error “The server does not support version 5.0 of the J2EE Enterprise Application specification.” That’s why I had to downgrade everything to make it deployable.

This J2EE 5 / JBoss 4 combination works with MyEclipse 2014. How can I make it work in ME2015? By the way, I only use “MyEclipse Generic Runtime for Java EE 5.0”, nothing JBoss specific.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 11 months ago by Lofi.
    #392765 Reply

Lofi
    Participant

Please close this, I’ll create a new topic, since after some investigation the problem is a totally different matter.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Migration wizard migrates to state that can never work

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in