facebook

Milestones and completion

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

conradvdp

Hello,

First of all: great product… just downloaded it today, read through the documentation, was able to use the Visual Designer and everything looks great. I understand that this is a product in development and was wondering about the timeline (milestones)… is that information available online (what features are planned for delivery and when)?

Secondly: once I created a nice interface, all I could do is store it as a .mobi file and I was looking on how to program functionality (buttons, drop downs, links to external database, etc…) but could not find that right away. Is there a part I’m missing or is for later releases?

Third: Right now the license model is FREE, will it stay that way or will there be a pricing structure attached to this product once the development phase is concluded? If so, what will the the range? (I would like to know if I can keep using it, i.e. if it stays affordable before putting too much time and development in a new product)

Thanks!
    -Conrad

#306015 Reply

wayne

We are tracking pretty well now for a 1.0 in late March/early April timeframe. The remaining features include a much improved visual designer. Watch for a new milestone-7 release early next week that will provide many improvements in the design and testing process. For example, view templates including create your own, much smarter layout/snap, new controls such as prepopulated navbar, tables, grouped tables, customizable buttons, design view linking, HTML code gen, immediate test of design in the iPhone emulator, …

When we get to 1.0 level I believe the retail price will be between $75 -$100 USD with some discounts for early adopters.

Wayne
    Genuitec Mobile Team

#306029 Reply

conradvdp

Thanks for the info, I am looking forward to M7 and future releases.

One question comes to mind is how are you planning on providing navigation between the pages? Again, keep a corporate solution in mind, not games or static applications. I still am not clear on how and where I can program the methods and events for the GUI.

What I am trying to understand is if I can (or will be able) to use MobiOne to program applications that are more like desktop apps, meaning:

secure TCP connections,
      digital signature capturing on screen (is in http://www.mobiforms.com and click on the Development Tool link to see what I mean),
      many different data input forms,
      data input,
      database connections,
      web services,
      xml files and file transfers,
      phone programming including IVR,
      connecting to the camera for pictures and video streaming, etc…

And with this I keep in mind the corporate applications that will be developed on the iPad, with the iPhone as a mini version of that (the MobiForms link I mentioned earlier is a good example of what I mean with corporate apps, but their solution doesn’t include iPhone).

Please let me know if that’s what I can envision once the 1.0 version will be released… and the price is excellent.

Regards,
    Conrad

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Milestones and completion

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in