facebook

MobiBike-News – RSS Reader Example

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Examples, HOW-TOs
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
  • Author

nivar

Is there any update to this post. It has been quite helpful thus far. A few Questions

1) Is there a way to have the full article showing on the article page and / or how to get the full article link to work?

2) How can I make the main page the second page of an app. I tried but when I do it just turn up seeing the title1 / title2 / and pubdate and the articles dont load.

As another poster mentioned is there a way to see pictures in the article list then in each individual article page.

Wayne I know you are a very busy person and I do appreciate the time you take to ensure that mobione has a great reputation.

Thank you for all your hard work and effort.

#324331 Reply

nivar

Is there any update to this post. It has been quite helpful thus far. A few Questions

1) Is there a way to have the full article showing on the article page and / or how to get the full article link to work?

2) How can I make the main page the second page of an app. I tried but when I do it just turn up seeing the title1 / title2 / and pubdate and the articles dont load.

As another poster mentioned is there a way to see pictures in the article list then in each individual article page.

Wayne I know you are a very busy person and I do appreciate the time you take to ensure that mobione has a great reputation.

Thank you for all your hard work and effort.

#324572 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@nivar

Apologies as our daily activity level pulls us 1000 directions simultaneously. I developed mobibike RSS to provide a template and guide for others that need a similar level of service integration and data display

>1) Is there a way to have the full article showing on the article page and / or how to get the full article link to work?
    The RSS feed typically includes an abbreviated version of the artcile. Some articles will include a rich text version with an optional image. This info can be provided on a quick view screen with link to the full article. From loading the full article in a webapp would best be done by opening it in a separate browser. From a native app a child browser could be presented that when closed returns control to the article list screen. The mobione GotoURL action will soon support an option for opening a separate window, a child browser (native only) or in-place (as now).

> I suspect this is a result of the code-generator mangling html element ids in order to ensure their uniqueness (a requirement otherwise UI can act goofy). I’m discussing this with the dev team to see what issues may be impacting your integration effort.

#325733 Reply

wilsoncortez

Very nice little app! 🙂

However i need a little more to get it working at my side 🙁

Following the tut I´ve found the “mobibike-news_custom.js” file where i presume I must alenter ith my on yql , right?

If so, around line 51 i have:

//usacycling headlines
        var url = "http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20channel.title%2Cchannel.link%2Cchannel.item.title%2Cchannel.item.link%2C%20channel.item.pubDate%2C%20channel.item.description%20from%20xml%20where%20url%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fwww.usacycling.org%2Frss%2Fheadlines.rss%22&format=json&callback=?";

To fit my rss url I´ve changed it to:

var url = "http://query.yahooapis.com/v1/public/yql?q=select%20channel.title%2Cchannel.link%2Cchannel.item.title%2Cchannel.item.link%2C%20channel.item.pubDate%20from%20xml%20where%20url%3D%22http%3A%2F%2Fjuridicorideel.com.br%2Ffeed%2F%22&format=json&callback=cbfunc";

but the spinning “loading articles” spins forever and nothing get parsed

Any help will be greatly appreciated 🙂

thanks

Ps.: wondering how difficult would be to create a widget with this function….just wondering lol

#325735 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

@wilsoncortez

Did you test your query in YQL console and confirm it is correct?
    see http://developer.yahoo.com/yql/console/

#325859 Reply

wilsoncortez

Hi

Any further tip?

Thank you

#325986 Reply

wilsoncortez

Well, finally i got it \o/

I don´t know why when i try the yql console there was a “?” missing in the very end of the query compared to the Wayne´s one.

My end was

format=json&callback=cbfunc

So i´ve changed it by hand to:

format=json&callback=?

and know i have the feed parsed

Wayne, the “?” mark is supposed to entered by hand or i´m still missing something?
    Still wondering how to link the titles on the “View article” screen to the website…. and how to get some images attache to every feed.

#326820 Reply

fbod383

Ok so I got this to work with twitter, but so far only one twitter feed. Any idea how to add multiple on the same page? Like can I add multiple lines? I tried a few variances but they didnt work

#326822 Reply

wilsoncortez

Hi fbod383

Do you mind on sharing your code with us?
    I´ve read somw twitter examples but never tried.

Thanks

BTW. did you use the YQL?

#326826 Reply

fbod383
    #326827 Reply

fbod383

generate the twitter url here http://www.twittertorss.com/ when you enter the twitter name it will send you to a new screen, copy that address, and place it in your YQL statement, code is generated at the bottom of the page “The rest query”

#326837 Reply

fbod383

I’ve noticed I randomly get a TypeError: Result of expression ‘data.query.results’ [null] is not an object. mobibike-news_custom.js:58

This is absolutely infuriating. there is no rhyme or reason to this. Works fine, shut it down, re-open. no longer works. And no support makes things even better

#327383 Reply

philvos
    Participant

Anyone can make “Full article” link to work.
    How to change
    function showFullArticle() {
    var url = articles[curArticleIdx].channel.item.link;
    window.open(url,”Popup Window”);
    }

to open url popup windown(native only)

#327738 Reply

@philvos

Please try this snippet in your native app to open site in a popup window:

window.open(url,"popup");
    }
    #328399 Reply

nivar

I have tried this code

window.open(url,”popup”);
    }

editing around line 113 in the mobibike-news_custom.js and changed

window.open(url, “_blank”);

to

window.open(url, “popup”);

and the full article still doesnt open.

Please advise.

Thank you

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 56 total)
Reply To: MobiBike-News – RSS Reader Example

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in