facebook

Mobile hybrid (Cordova) application project has no engines

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

greybeard
    Participant

Project new hybrid mobile (cordova) first screen (but….. first time used it complained of malformed JASON. Told me to use “lenient ……”) cancelled out after looking for & not finding) where the setting might exist.
    Tried again – first screen now (seems) ok. next –> screen to tick Android and/or iOS engine(s). Cannot select either one of them.
    Grateful for your assistance in setting this up.
    I followed the instructions at:
    https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/learning-center/mobile/migrating-phonegap-app-to-2016/
    did the following for android key only: “Set up your PhoneGap account for signing your iOS and / or Android apps” (iOS key will do later)

#516549 Reply

support-swapna

greybeard,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please share with us the screenshots of the issue you are seeing to help us get a visual?
    Also let us know at what exact step you are struck with the migration instructions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#516569 Reply

greybeard
    Participant

The 5 pics are numbered from 1 – 4 (2 also has a 2.1)
    Pic 1 triggers the JSON error shown in pics 2 & 2.1
    cancel out & try again
    Pic 3 shows no mason error so am able to hit next button
    to be continued due to upload restriction but will show the screen offering the engines

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #516575 Reply

greybeard
    Participant

pic 4. shows the two engines under offer but I am unable to tick (choose) either of them 🙁

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #516721 Reply

support-swapna

Greybeard,

Thank you for the screenshots. I am afraid you are using Thym wizards to create mobile apps which are not supported in MyEclipse 2016/2017.

The instructions in the migration document are for migrating phone gap projects created in MyEclipse 2015 to MyEclipse 2016. Thym tooling can be used to add plugins to the project and test the app.

If you want to create new projects then you should use the PhoneGap CLI commands from the Terminal view in MyEclipse 2016/2017. Please refer to this documentation to get started with PhoneGap CLI : http://docs.phonegap.com/getting-started/1-install-phonegap/cli/

Hope this helps. Please let us know if you have any questions.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Mobile hybrid (Cordova) application project has no engines

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in