1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Paul_paul
    Participant

Edited by Michael (support)
    This is a clarification for the following user post that is grossly inaccurate. Apple has posted new app store submission and update requirements effective Feb 1, 2015 (learn more). What does this mean for MobiOne developers? First, you will continue to be able to use MobiOne for visual design and coding. You do not have to redesign your apps from scratch as falsely stated below. But you will need to use an alternative app build service. We have already announced retirement of the MobiOne App Center Builder service (extended to Jan 31, 2015). Apps built with App Center Builder service do not meet these upcoming requirements. Therefore an alternative build service or process will need to be employed for apps targeted for iTunes App Store distribution. One strategy is to use MyEclipse with the PhoneGap Build service as a replacement for the App Center Builder service. Genuitec will provide free MyEclipse subscription for all MobiOne licencees.

This is what I have heard.
    As from Feb 1st any apps designed with MobiOne and migrated into ME for Phonegap build will not be 64-bit compliant and will not be accepted by Apple.
    Apps will need to be designed from scratch in ME or similar software that is 64 bit compliant. After 1st June all updates will have the same requirements. So it would seem as far as iOS apps are concerned MobiOne software is well and truly dead.
    You may still be able to use M1 for Android builds but I’m not sure of that.
    So what was all the migration tutorials and videos etc. all about? Hardly worth it were they?
    Perhaps someone can confirm if this is so.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: MobiOne and 64-bit apps – CLARIFICATION

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in