facebook

MobiOne for iOS 7 and now 8… when is new version coming?

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Feedback & Suggestions
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Phil Howells

MobiOne for iOS 7 and now 8… when is new version coming out?

#351500 Reply

Hi,

We are conducting some test for ios8 compatibiity. But other than this work we are not planning additional updates at this time.

#351639 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

So if no updates are planned, does that mean MobiOne is a dead product?

#351700 Reply

RichardOne

I see MobiOne is DEAD looking at :

https://www.genuitec.com/buy-now/

No sign of it anywhere?

Is MobiOne Dead?

#351779 Reply

RonByerly
    Participant

Just started using it for prototyping and basic apps. We use Sencha for more complex apps.

For basic apps, MobiOne beats Sencha for ease of use and features that I wish Sencha had like their easy to use app build and cloud test features.

In many cases I can have a working prototype up in Android and IOS within 24-48hrs. Also, this kind of work can be delegated to a less experienced developer. Sencha’s learning curve is very long.

I understand the roadblocks in Apples IOS 7 and probably more to come in IOS 8 and their effect on Hybrid Apps in general but for now they do not impact us in how we use MobiOne

It would make me feel more comfortable to hear Genuitec confirm MobiOne or it’s functionality in some form are part of their long term planning.

*****Update Since I wrote above****
    Just discovered your MyEclipse 2015 Product, that addresses my concerns about the MobiOne Product

#351789 Reply

WaylandDavis

https://www.genuitec.com/products/mobile/

I went here and they advertise mobione for sale. You just need to look a little further.

#351790 Reply

mongonv
    Participant

Just beware of the ME 2015, it is a far cry from the kind of drag-n-drop design capabilities of MobiOne, it is not going to be one I would turn over to a junior developer. Its layout and control is all code controlled as far as I can find, without the handy properties palette MobiOne has.

So if you are planning to use ME2015, best take a hard look at what is NOT there and the level of experience of the person(s) you plan to let us it.

Also, Mobione only seems to be upto Phonegap 2.9x, it shows experimental 3.2 support, PhoneGap is currently up to 3.5 and the Phonegap documentation does not even reflect what 2.9x does, its all 3.x documentation from what I could find on their site.

#351794 Reply

paulD

The problem with Genuitec is that they possibly the worst software company i have ever come across when it comes to communicating with their users. For that reason i would never use another product from them.

I invested a great deal of time and effort into learning, using and integrating Mobione into my development pipeline to see it discontinued and its users totally left in the dark. And now i have a number of apps in the store which are just counting down the days until an update breaks them, with the only alternative looking like a total re-write in another package……Awesome…….

But you never know there might well be something in the pipeline……… Not like we would ever be informed…..that would be far too helpful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: MobiOne for iOS 7 and now 8… when is new version coming?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in