facebook

Modelers

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

greno

Are there plans to incorporate Ormondo EclipseUML plugin?

#196350 Reply

greno

I meant Omondo EclipseUML plugin. 🙂

#196351 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

UML modeling is an important feature for MyEclipse and is already on our roadmap. We have contacted Omondo to discuss licensing and distribution of their plug-in, but they were concerned about the impact such an agreement would have on their relationship with IBM.

We respect Omondo’s concerns and are pursuing conversations with other UML modeling plugin providers. Stay tuned.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#196353 Reply

greno

It would be good if Omondo could be accommodated as a user-installed feature at least.

#196354 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

We install as a product extension, rather than as a fully branded product, simply to enable us to work with whatever Eclipse 2.1-based platform you want. If that platform contains additional plugins in addition to Eclipse 2.1, as it would for a 2.1-based product, that’s fine. In other words, we’re not going to do anything to prevent you from installing anything you want into your base Eclipse installation. We just don’t want you installing anything directly into the MyEclipse installation as this would cause problems with install/uninstall functionality.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#197668 Reply

drewmca

If you do look for another UML modeler plugin, you should try to find one with support for stereotypes and tagged values. A surprising number of modeling tools, including rational xde, don’t allow you to work with these aspects of a diagram. I find them very useful for working with MDA.

#197680 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

1) What modeling tools do you prefer to work with?

2) Also, would you be willing to sacrifice total Eclipse integration (i.e., model environment is configured and launched by Eclipse but runs as Swing UI external to Eclipse workbench) in order to have these features?

Michael
    MyEclipse Support

#197695 Reply

drewmca

1) Right now I’m using Poseidon. It provides the best support for those features of any of the modeling tools I’ve tried, including the really expensive ones.
    2) I’m fine with that, since that’s what I’m doing now.

One of the reasons I’m using Poseidon is that it also works really well with AndroMDA, an OS MDA code generator. I know that their interested in Eclipse integration in their future releases, so it would be worth looking into. It’s a great tool and I’d be very happy having it integrated nicely into Eclipse (it would be more important to me to have that than to have the modeler itself integrated).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Modelers

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in