facebook

Modeling current IDEs

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Comments
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

All things considered, I love myeclipseIDE in particular because of it’s approach and prioritization in the fact that Java is used probably more for web programming than anything else, and ME recognized and answered with a solid plan and implementation.

Considering this, in general I was wondering if the fine folks filtering requests also consider what the ‘competing’ (to me bang for the buck there is no competition) products have focused on, etc. For instance, IDEA didn’t really get into GUI app dev. until recently, but it’s JSP editor’s feature set is hands down the best from a straight code perspective. It’s code completion, tag matching and highlighting really do so much for me, at times in the past I can see not being able to live without it. Have these features been assessed and noted? Again, I think ME is such a great project that I probably wouldn’t have posted this unless I really wanted to help it’s evolution.

Just wondering,
    Jeremy Kuhnash

#202594 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jeremy,
    I agree with all your points and believe me, the ME team is aware of IDEA’s feature list. I would have to say that IDEA stands alone in a catagory if “intelligent coding” all by itself. Genuitec will always strive to make MyEclipse better, but it will happen 1 feature at a time until eventually there will be a forum somewhere and someone will make the comment “why can’t we implement XYZ feature like MyEclipse has?” 😀

Please feel free to put feature requests in the feature request forum and we’ll mark them and file them for you. Most of the ‘good’ ones that are on par with the IntelliJ JSP editor have been filed already but you can always double check with us. If you look a the original version of the JSP editor compared to how it functions now, I think I’d say its improved ~65%. I don’t think it will take long to have a robust and featureful editor that will do much of what you want.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Modeling current IDEs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in