facebook

Multipage v’s Pages : ANS

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

paulD

Hi Everyone.

Just got a question about mulitpages. I’m looking at a design for my new app which will utilise a slide menu linked to multipage widget. The mulitpage will have a lot child pages and was wondering if there will be any difference in performance of the app as opposed to just linking to normal pages?

Thanks

Paul

#344684 Reply

Hi Paul,

Apologies for the slow follow up, I missed your question and didn’t bring it to the dev team till now, my bad, apologies again.

Now, going back to your question: it greatly depends on content of pages. If app have multipage widget with 10-20-30 pages, this might be ok if they all very simple. But if they have lists and other complex controls on them, it might be better to split pages.

Other things to consider are that:
    1. Screens can be made dynamical (AJAX) which can solve performance problems – MultiPage pages can’t
    2. “Back” button doesn’t work for MultiPage pages movement now (we already have a bug for that) – this could mater for users who create Web or Android apps.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Octavio
    Genuitec Mobile Team

#344695 Reply

paulD

Thanks Octavio,

I think I will stick to using pages. I wanted to utilise a master menu which is accessible from all pages within the project, hence why I wanted a master page so i didn’t have to have the same menu duplicated on every page.

I will have to rethink!

Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Multipage v’s Pages : ANS

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in