facebook

Multiple WebSphere profiles

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. WebSphere Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

ADP-1

Based on the screen shots and using MyEclipse Blue, it appears as if I can utilize multiple WebSphere profiles, but only one at a time. I can switch between profiles, and create a launch configuration. What if I have two or more profiles that I need to concurrently control and deploy to?

Jay

#281684 Reply

Greg

Hello Jay,

In our M1 release, the Blue edition connectors only support one instance of a particular server running at the same time. If you have more details you could provide about the specific use-case of needing to deploy/control 2 servers maybe we can suggest some alternative when working with Blue M1 release.

#281688 Reply

ADP-1

We have 4 Enterprise Applications, each of which is deployed on a separate WebSphere profile (in production, this is actually a different server). Today, we use ant scripts, builders and a custom written Eclipse plugin to start/stop each of the 4 WebSphere profiles, to build, deploy & configure the EARS, and to configure the servers. Typically, a developer will work on 1 or 2 of the servers simultaneously.

#281723 Reply

Greg

Jay,

Thanks for your feedback, I’ll send that to the Blue development team for their consideration. They are in the middle of working on the next release of Blue Edition which is due in about a month’s time.

#281763 Reply

ADP-1

According to the eMails and web site, the Blue Edition will support multiple profiles. M1 doesn’t. It supports only 1 profile at any point in time. Is it safe to assume that M2 or later will support multiple simultaneous profiles? I know I can sort of “hack it” my creating copies of the launch file created for the first profile, but then I’m not sure how I can actually deploy to multiple profiles. So, I think the key is to support multiple “profiles” in the servers view.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Multiple WebSphere profiles

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in