facebook

MyEclipse 10.1 problem installing Google Plugin for Eclipse

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

support-jed
    Keymaster

Moved from http://www.poweredbypulse.com/forums/showthread.php?2013-MyEclipse-10.1-problem-installing-Google-Plugin-for-Eclipse.

Hi
    Please can you assist I am getting the following error when trying to apply the Google Plugin for Eclipse.

Bad update sites
    com.genuitec.pulse2.client.common.launcher.BadUpda teSiteException
    Software being installed: MyEclipse for Spring 10 (Profile) 2.0.0.0000000002 (com.poweredbypulse.profile-0-rb-5665752-1347544586561 2.0.0.0000000002)
    Missing requirement: MyEclipse for Spring 10 (Profile) 2.0.0.0000000002 (com.poweredbypulse.profile-0-rb-5665752-1347544586561 2.0.0.0000000002) requires ‘com.google.gdt.eclipse.suite.e37.feature.feature. group 0.0.0’ but it could not be found

Thank you
    Jeremy [url][/url]

#332478 Reply

Jeremy,

I could not replicate the issue at my end.

1. Did you try to add the plugin from Quick Add popular plugins section from MyEclipse configuration center ? Please let us know the details if you are adding in any other way.
    2. Are you behind a firewall/proxy? If yes then you can set proxy settings here : from MyEclipse menu click on Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections.

#332479 Reply

Jeremy4

Hi Pradeep

I am using MyEclipse for Spring 10.1 and I tried to apply the Google plugin from the configuration center. I am on a corporate network and I have updated my proxy settings and auth details.

Is there a way to download this plugin as a bundle seprately and then install it as a local archive? I suspect that there could be other restrictions imposed by the proxy that I am not aware of.

#332481 Reply

Jeremy4,

You can download the “Google plugin for eclipse” bundle from here :
    http://dl.google.com/eclipse/plugin/core/3.7/zips/gpe-e37-latest-updatesite.zip

Go to MyEclipse Configuration Center > Software > Add Site > Add from Archive, select the downloaded Google plugin for eclipse zip file and follow the wizard.

Here is a detailed tutorial on how to add the plugins to MyEclipse :
    http://www.genuitec.com/blog/?p=1628#add-site

Let us know how it works for you.

#332583 Reply

Jeremy4

I installed the plugin ok but I am getting error viewing my entrypoint class in the design viewer.

Stacktrace attached

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #332586 Reply

Jeremy4,

1) Can you please share the steps in detail to help us investigate further ?
    2) Please attach the screenshot of the issue.

#508098 Reply

shivraj-windstream
    Participant

I have 10.7 licensed version.

I tried to install GWT plugin from popular plug-in in MyEclipse COnfiguration Center.
    I ended up getting same error.
    Hence I tried to follow Notes from November 20,2012.
    Well I can’t find that zip file.

Can someone help with the issue?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 10.1 problem installing Google Plugin for Eclipse

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in