facebook

MyEclipse 10 Install requires virtual memory

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

gpfountz

I have a macbook with 8 gigs of ram and an SSD. Because I have plenty of ram and I want to minimize the wear on the SSD, I have disabled the virtual memory.

Tried to install MyEclipse 10 and got an Insufficient Memory error; said I need 256MB of Physical memory and 64 MB of Virtual memory. Is there any way to get by this?

#320892 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

gpfountz,

I’m not clear on what you mean by “virtual memory”. I’m also not familiar with the MyEclipse message you mentioned. Can you post the exact message and. perhaps, a screenshot of the message dialog, if that’s possible. These messages usually refer to things like heap size or perm space, I haven’t seen virtual memory mentioned.

There are a couple of common memory parameters that are usually set in the myeclipse.ini file (this FAQ provides some help in locating MyEclipse files).

-Xmx768m
    -XX:MaxPermSize=384m

If your settings are less than those shown above, please try the above settings instead.

Could you attach your installation details, please – MyEclipse->Installation Summary->Installation Details. If you’ve changed myeclipse.ini, also attach that file, please. These might help track down the problem.

#320953 Reply

Hi.

I’ve got similar issue on RHEL 5.2 with 24GB of memory and 250GB SDD drive (installation is made on standard HDD), but no swap partition – see attached screen-shot.

Regards, and Thanks in advance

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #320954 Reply

My colleague gave me a hint:

On Linux I’ve just created swap file following this:
    http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/linux-add-a-swap-file-howto/

Regards,

#339451 Reply

alexm
    Participant

I have the same issue with MyEclipse 2013 installer on Ubuntu 13.04 with 16Gb RAM memory and I’m relay didn’t need swap file. Why this small issue was not fixed yet ?
    Now the only way to install MyEclipse is use the update site.
    Not very good.

#339524 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Alex,

Sorry for the delay in replying. We’ve now been able to replicate this problem (it doesn’t occur on Windows systems but has done on Linux based systems) and have a bug report raised to investigate.

Apologies for the inconvenience of needing to use an update site for the installation. This is a rare problem but hopefully we can get it prioritised for a future release.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 10 Install requires virtual memory

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in