facebook

MyEclipse 2.6.3 – JSP/HTML Syntax Highlight Problems [Bug]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

After upgrading from 2.6.2 to 2.6.3, no of my jsp and/or html files has correct syntax highlighting. It appears to have something to do with the <!– –> comment tags. I am running eclipse 2.1.1 with jdk 1.4.2 on Linux.

In the snippet below only the first three lines are highlighted correctly and the rest are black text. Oh well back to 2.6.2 …

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC “-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN”>

<!– ================================================================== –>
    <!– Document : login.html –>
    <!– Description: openDBTS login error page –>
    <!– Created on : October 5, 2003, 2:20 PM –>
    <!– Author : Keith R. Davis –>
    <!– –>

BTW trying to preview this post blew it away and took me to the main page.

#199468 Reply

It also appears that indenting blocks of text is not correct. When trying to indent a selection of text, the whole page (including unselected text) is indented where the syntax highlighting stops (see previous post).

#199469 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Keith,

Please don’t roll back yet! I looked into this and it definately is a bug in the editor. It fails to recognize the terminating

-->

for the comments when it’s placed on the same line. I’ve entered this into our internal tracking system so we can fix it with the next service release.

However, there is a rather simple workaround. Using a block-comment style for your comments works fine. For example:

<!-- 
         Document : login.html
         Description: openDBTS login error page
         Created on : October 5, 2003, 2:20 PM 
         Author : Keith R. Davis 
    -->

I know this is inconvenient and it may even be against your coding conventions or general sensibilities, but at least it’s a simple solution that will allow you to use the current JSP editor which contains several fixes in the areas of tag support and completion. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

BTW trying to preview this post blew it away and took me to the main page.

That’s because the portal doesn’t like anything that looks like HTML unless you put it between bbcode ‘code’ markers as I’ve done above. It’s to stop folks from writing malicious posts.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

#199474 Reply

Scott,

Thanks for the response … didn’t mean to come across as ass. In the middle of a large project, you know how it goes. I will have to go back as I have 30+ JSPs that would need to be re-formatted. Let me know if you get a patch before the next release, I can replace a class or jar myself.

Your product to date has been outstanding, we no longer use netbeans! Keep up the excellent work!

Keith R. Davis
    Mutiny Bay Software, LLC.

#199478 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Keith,

No problem. You’re right, I definately know how it goes. 🙂

Your product to date has been outstanding, we no longer use netbeans! Keep up the excellent work!

Thank you very much. I think anytime you can switch someone from a free product to one that isn’t, you’ve really done something. Sorry again about the bug and thanks for the additional feedback. We’ll definately get it taken care of.

–Scott
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2.6.3 – JSP/HTML Syntax Highlight Problems [Bug]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in