facebook

MyEclipse 2012 Professional Problem

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I was using MyEclipse 10.7.1 . I installed MyEclipse 2014 Professional.I have some compile problems related to Jpa. I have not had this problems before.It seems that persistence related jars changed. I read that MEclipse 2014 brings jpa 2.1 support.May be this can be the problem.But I want to compile my code with jpa 2.0. here are some error messages.

The state field path ‘PO.parameterType.id’ cannot be resolved to a valid type.

The identification variable ‘DAY’ is not defined in the FROM clause.

The identification variable ‘MONTH’ is not defined in the FROM clause.
    The identification variable ‘YEAR’ is not defined in the FROM clause.

Embedded ID class should not contain relationship mappings

Embedded ID class should include method definitions for equals() and hashcode()

#345370 Reply

deryaaltuntas,

We couldn’t replicate the issue at our end. JPA 2.1 support is included in MyEclipse 2014.

> Can you please clarify whether the migration process is completed without any issue after importing MyEclipse 10.7.1 project into MyEclipse 2014 ?

> Can you please check whether JPA 2.0 facet is added to the project ? Right click on your project and select Properties > MyEclipse > Project Facets > check the version of JPA. If the version is 2.1 then you can change the version to 2.0 and click Apply and Ok. Please attach the screenshot of the Project Facets property page.

> If possible, please attach a sample project which exhibits this issue to help us replicate the issue at our end.

> Clear the contents of the .log file located at <Workspace dir>/.metadata/.log file, replicate the issue and attach the log file here to help us investigate further.

> Also, share your installation details from MyEclipse > Installation summary > Installation details ?

#345378 Reply

1)Migration process is completed without any issue except JPA problems. In the mean time I think that some JPA validation rules hase changed in My Eclipse 2014.So I am taking these errors.

2) I checked that JPA 2.0 facet is added to the project

3)this is not possible

4) I attached it.But the log is clear.ıt is compile arror

5) You can find in the attachment

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #345403 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

deryaaltuntas,

Thanks for the information. Unfortunately, we’ve been unable to replicate the problem here.

You said that you think the problem may be related to validation changes in release 2014. have you checked the reported errors to see if they may be valid? For example, it seems reasonable that an ID class should include implementations of equals and hashcode methods; does that embedded class not contain implementations of those methods, rather than using the superclass implementations?

If you think the reported validations are incorrect, we would need to be able to replicate the problem to figure out what is going wrong. If it is not possible for you to send us your project, as it was in 10.7, is it possible for you to strip it down to just the source that is causing the problem, and send us that? It may not matter if there are compile errors or other validation errors, with a stripped down project, in order to replicate this particular problem.

If the validation errors don’t actually cause problems with the application, you might consider disabling JPA validation. You can do this by right clicking on the project and selecting MyEclipse->Manage Validation; ensure “Enable project specific settings” is checked and then uncheck the JPA Validator for both Manual and Build, then click OK. You may need to right click the project again and select MyEclipse->Remove All Validation Markers to clear the existing validation errors.

Please let us know if any of this helps. If you can send us some project to help us replicate the problem, but don’t want to attach it in a public forum, you can send me a private message with the attachment.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2012 Professional Problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in