facebook

myeclipse 2013 – searching for projects to migrate

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Brian Fernandes

Thank you both for your reports. We have identified a number of related issues in the migration process which we have replicated and have already locally fixed.

The migration process now has more specific triggers and is more efficient. As a failsafe, you can also turn off the automatic check for project migration in your workspace.

These fixes will be part of the 2013 SR1 release due in a couple of weeks. We really appreciate the detailed reports and support.

#338919 Reply

steveh
    Participant

@Support-Brian wrote:

As a failsafe, you can also turn off the automatic check for project migration in your workspace.

How do we do that? I can’t find a setting for this anywhere.

#338920 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Steve, you will be able to turn it off in the SR1 release, unfortunately this option is currently not available; sorry if that was unclear.

#338923 Reply

steveh
    Participant

Actually, going to Preferences -> General -> Startup and Shutdown and unchecking MyEclipse Migration Support worked for me. I assume this won’t have a knock-on effect with anything else.

#338955 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

Steve,

It’s great that you figured that out! It’s actually a very good way to disable automatic migration scanning. I have truly forgot about that possibility for a workaround.

If you ever import a project requiring migration, you can always do a manual migration in the migration view. Just click refresh button, select projects and hit migrate.

It would be great, if you can provide us with the following file, located in workspace .metadata folder:

.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.jdt.core/.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders/.project

This will help us ensure that your orginal problem is fixed.

Thank you very much for awesome feedback!

#339232 Reply

steveh
    Participant

Sorry for the slow reply. I actually moved instead to using a hidden folder inside the project rather than an external folder because the updating was so slow.

You can reproduce the issue by going to the Libraries tab on the Java Build Path project setting page and choosing the Add External Class Folder button. The file you refer to is then created as below. In case it has any effect, this is a large project with 2,500 class files and around 30 jars.

<?xml version=”1.0″ encoding=”UTF-8″?>
    <projectDescription>
    <name>.org.eclipse.jdt.core.external.folders</name>
    <comment></comment>
    <projects>
    </projects>
    <buildSpec>
    </buildSpec>
    <natures>
    </natures>
    <linkedResources>
    <link>
    <name>.link0</name>
    <type>2</type>
    <location>C:/Documents and Settings/steveh/My Documents/Eclipse Workspace/testing</location>
    </link>
    </linkedResources>
    </projectDescription>

#339276 Reply

Haggi
    Participant

@steveh wrote:

Actually, going to Preferences -> General -> Startup and Shutdown and unchecking MyEclipse Migration Support worked for me. I assume this won’t have a knock-on effect with anything else.

perfect workaround for this issue 😉 .. thank you @steveh

#339279 Reply

support-piotr
    Participant

steveh,

thanks for the additional information. Performance issues with migration will be fixed in the upcoming ME2013 SR1.

#340495 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

The SR1 release is now available with improved project migration task configuration.

#340526 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

Improved project migration task configuration and performance is now available in the SR1 release. This can be downloaded from our site or the in-product update may be used. Update sites should be available later this week.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
Reply To: myeclipse 2013 – searching for projects to migrate

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in