facebook

MyEclipse 2015 deploy to Tomcat problems

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

fasihs
    Participant

@support-pradeep wrote:

Our dev team is working on this feature. I will keep you posted once this feature is available.

We have a related problem: With ME2014 the deployment path of the webapps were the same as the context path (i.e. C:\tomcat\webapps\CONTEXTPATH) and not the project name (i.e. C:\tomcat\webapps\PROJECTNAME).
    It seems impossible to achieve this with the current ME 2015 CI (Build id: 13.0.0-20141008).

It’s critical for us that this feature is enabled again. Please take our request into account.

Thanks!

#352529 Reply

fasihs,

Our dev team is working on this feature and it has been prioritized.

As mentioned by Teun in this post, the workaround would be to select ‘Use Custom location’, change the Server path to some temp location (for ex: C:\temp), point the Deploy path to the external Tomcat webapps folder, modify the -Dcatalina.base (under Launch configuration > Arguments tab) to external Tomcat server location.

Let us know if this workaround works for you. If this is not the issue you are seeing, then please elaborate on the exact issue you are facing.

#352531 Reply

fasihs
    Participant

@support-pradeep wrote:

If this is not the issue you are seeing, then please elaborate on the exact issue you are facing.

I will try to.

In MyEclipse 2014 when having set the “Context Root” of a Web Project to some value (e.g. “CONTEXTPATH”) (see attached screenshot), the project files are deployed to a webapp-folder named as the provided value.
    E.g. “C:\tomcat\webapps\CONTEXTPATH”

In MyEclipse 2015, having the same configuration, the project files are deployed to a webapp-folder named as the name of the Project
    E.g. “C:\tomcat\webapps\PROJECTNAME”

The URL of the webapps stays the same
    E.g. http://localhost/CONTEXTPATH

But the “real” paths on the harddrive are different:
    MyEclipse 2014: “C:\tomcat\webapps\CONTEXTPATH”
    MyEclipse 2015: “C:\tomcat\webapps\PROJECTNAME”

The possibility to change the name of the webapp folder is important for us, and we can not update to MyEclipse 2015 until this feature is implemented.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #352532 Reply

fasihs,

Thanks for the detailed steps. I could replicate it at my end.

I have filed a bug report for the dev team to investigate.

Let us know if you see any issues with MyEclipse.

#353636 Reply

bijurk
    Participant

Are there any updates to this deployment issues with Tomcat?
    Especially with regards to the context path?

Thanks,
    Biju Nair

#353640 Reply

support-swapna

Biju,

The fix is out with our latest release, MyEclipse 2015 CI 10. Please go to Help > Check for Updates,update to the CI 10 and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it works for you.

#354116 Reply

bijurk
    Participant

After getting the latest updates, when I try to publish a web application that needs to be deployed to the root context, I am still facing issues where it does not deploy to the root context.

Here’s what I am doing:
    1. Open the Tomcat Server painter by double clicking the MyEclipse or custom Tomcat Server (either of them give the same error).
    2. Go to the WebModules tab at the bottom.
    3. Click Add Web Module… botton.
    4. On the modal window, replace the context root path from /ProjectName to /
    5. Click OK.
    Issues:
    6. Painter shows as is it has modified (asterisk).
    7. Save buttons are greyed out.
    8. Press Ctr+S to save and the asterisk disappears as if it has saved.
    9. Reopen the same modal window using steps 2,3 and the context root is set back to /ProjectName

Is there a workaround for this issue?
    I am adding the doc for your convenience.

Cheers,
    Biju

Attachments:
    #354120 Reply

support-swapna

Biju,

The Tomcat needs to be configured in the context deployment mode for the web modules to be shown in the list.

To change the mode, remove all the deployments from the Tomcat server, open the Tomcat Overview page and select the ‘Use Tomcat context deployment’ option in the Deployments Settings section and save it.

There is a bug with the context root setting in the ‘Add Web Module’ wizard.I have filed a bug for the dev team to fix the issue. As a workaround, add the web module using the ‘Add Web Module’ button, once the module appears in the list, click on ‘Edit’ and change the path to / instead of /projectname and save it. It should now work as expected.

#354122 Reply

bijurk
    Participant

Hey Swapna:

I am unable to select the Use Tomcat context deployment option.
    It is grayed out and the “Use Tomcat auto deployment” is pre-selected. Attached is a picture highlighting this.

How do I proceed?

Thanks,
    Biju

Attachments:
    #354127 Reply

support-swapna

Biju,

Remove all the deployments from the MyEclipse Tomcat server, right click on the MyEclipse Tomcat server and select ‘Publish’. This will enable the options and allow you to select the desired mode.

Which version of MyEclipse 2015 are you working with? If you are on CI 10/11, I suggest you update to CI 12 and start the IDE with -clean. Here is the FAQ for your reference.

#354129 Reply

bijurk
    Participant

Hey Swapna:

I tried the latest steps and it worked!
    I wish this was documented somewhere…

Thanks,
    Biju

#354134 Reply

support-swapna

Biju,

Glad that it is working. The steps are already documented in the Tomcat Overview page.’Server must be published with no modules present to make some of the changes’. Here is the screenshot for your reference.

Let us know if you see any issues.

#389628 Reply

support-swapna

Biju,

The bug with the context root setting in the ‘Add Web Module’ wizard is fixed. The fix is out with our latest CI release, MyEclipse 2015 CI 13. If you are working with the CI stream,then go to Help > Check for Updates and update to CI 13.

Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2015 deploy to Tomcat problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in