facebook

MyEclipse 2016 CI2 "Display"-tab and JSP

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

fasihs
    Participant

Hi,

after the update to MyEclipse 2016 (CI1, CI2) the “Display”-Tab can not execute code if your current stack-element is inside a JSP. It worked with the same config in MyEclipse 2015 (and still works if i open the project in MyEclipse 2015).

The error-message is:

Evaluation failed. Reason(s):
    Unable to evaluate the selected expression:

To perform an evaluation, an expression must be compiled in the context of a Java project’s build path. The current execution context is not associated with a Java project in the workspace.

To reproduce:

• Run a project on tomcat
    • Set a breakpoint inside a jsp
    • hit the breakpoint
    • open tab “Display”
    • type some java code (e.g. System.out.println(“test”))
    • text-select the java code
    • hit the “Execute the selected text”-button in the upper right corner of the Display-tab
    #477325 Reply

support-swapna

fasihs,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue. It looks like a bug in Eclipse which you are seeing in MyEclipse as MyEclipse is based on Eclipse.

If possible, can you please check if the issue persists in Eclipse Mars, which is the base for MyEclipse 2016?

I could not replicate the issue consistently at my end.We are looking into it and we will keep you posted about the fix.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#477445 Reply

fasihs
    Participant

Hi,
    sadly i can not simply check if the problem persists in Eclipse Mars, because we actually use some of the extensions that myeclipse offers and i can not run the project in Eclipse Mars without modifying it. By modifiyng it i’d probably change the behaviour too, so it’d be pretty useless to see if it worked in Eclipse Mars.
    Thank you for checking the issue 🙂

Best Regards

fasihs

#477571 Reply

support-swapna

fasihs,

I could replicate the issue with Eclipse Mars. It is an issue to be fixed at Eclipse end.
    I have raised a bug in Eclipse : https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=492439

Sorry for inconvenience caused. Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#478296 Reply

fasihs
    Participant

Hi Swapna,

excellent, thank you for your effort!

#486285 Reply

fasihs
    Participant

A working bugfix was submitted for eclipse – please see to including it in MyEclipse.

https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=492439

#492743 Reply

fasihs
    Participant

Hi Swapna,
    can you tell when the bugfix is beeing included in MyEclipse?

Thank you and best regards.

#492816 Reply

Brian Fernandes

fasihs,

It’s a bit difficult for us to include this particular fix because it requires changes to the base JDT version (even if made in isolation), which can then affect compatibility with other plugins, especially since this is Neon code that we will need to include in Mars for 2016.

We are due to release 2017 (based on Neon) in the next couple of months and there’s a good chance that it will be based on 4.6.1 and include this fix by default.

In the meanwhile, I will check with our distribution team on the ability to include this fix in Mars as well. If something can be done, we could have the fix in CI 6 which is due towards the end of this month.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2016 CI2 "Display"-tab and JSP

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in