facebook

MyEclipse 2016 – JSP Search Index not updating any more

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

filan
    Participant

In our company we noticed that since the installation of MyEclipse 2016 that the JSP-Search-Index is not updating any more. This is the one, when you click on a class method for example, then right-click, then “References”.
    One of our colleagues is still on MyEclipse 2015 and there the bug does not exist.

How do we know?
    There is a folder in the workspace “\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.jst.jsp.core\jspsearch” which holds the index files, the last one is modified on the day we (we all) installed MyEclipse 2016.

I thought let’s just delete those index files (and the corresponding savedIndexNames.txt) and then it will be re-created. But since then the JSP-Search won’t find anything, before it found those things which were indexed until the installation of MyEclipse 2016.

I’ve managed to copy some files from my MyEclipse2015-colleague to get the Index working again, but still it does not get updated any more.
    I had to copy all the .index files from the above mentioned folder, and a another one from “\.metadata\.plugins\org.eclipse.jdt.core” called participantsIndexNames.txt to get it working again, but as I said it is not updating any more.

We tried a lot of things, deleting those folders to get them recreated by MyEclipse, all the Indexes were recreated BUT the jspIndex not. We also tried to switch to another workspace.

Has anyone any idea how to get that index to work again?

#492733 Reply

support-swapna

filan,

Thank you for raising it. I could replicate the issue at my end. I have filed a bug for the dev team and they are looking into it. We will keep you posted about the fix.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#492734 Reply

Brian Fernandes

filan,

Thank you for the detailed investigation – obviously an index that won’t update is something that can’t be relied upon for searching. We actually picked this bug up from base Eclipse tooling, but should be able to fix it for the CI 6 release.

Again, apologies for the inconvenience caused.

#492737 Reply

filan
    Participant

can you tell when CI 6 will be released approximately?

#492738 Reply

filan
    Participant

can you tell when CI 6 will be released approximately?

CI 5 just came out these days

#492746 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Yes, it’s unfortunate that we missed this issue before the CI 5 release. CI releases are regularly scheduled to go out every 3 weeks, so CI 6 should be before the end of this month.

My team is currently looking into the problem and we will update you if there is a workaround or when a new release is available.

#496074 Reply

filan
    Participant

any news on this one?
    some of my co-workers had to downgrade to 2015 for some advanced search-replace stuff where we needed a working and up-to-date jsp-index to handle it

#496096 Reply

Brian Fernandes

filan,

Apologies, for the delay. We are in final testing of CI 6 and the release will likely be tomorrow.

#496617 Reply

support-swapna

filan,

The MyEclipse 2016 CI 6 release is out. Please update to CI 6 from Help > Check for Updates and let us know how it works for you.

Thank you for your patience.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#496621 Reply

filan
    Participant

it is working again …

newly edited files were updated instantly … for a complete rebuild we had to close project and open it again … seems to be working with CI6

#496624 Reply

support-swapna

filan,

Glad that it works. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Let us know if you see any issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2016 – JSP Search Index not updating any more

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in