facebook

MyEclipse 2017 –> add as400 datasource to server

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

rchiu5hk
    Participant

Dear all,

I have weblogic server 12.1.3 for deploying in myEclipse 2017 in localhost.
    When I run startweblogic.cmd in base_domains of weblogic home, it can load the as400 datasources.
    But not if I run the server in myEclipse. I just want to know where startWeblogic.cmd run if I run the server in myEclipse. As when I go to localhost:7001\console to config the datasources, it cannot.

Is there anything missing or wrong that I do in myEclipse config for webLogic if I run server under myEclipse??

#532136 Reply

support-swapna

rchiu5hk,

We do not run the startWeblogic.cmd and instead start JVM with the server class directly. It is not clear how exactly you are configuring the datasources in Weblogic, so can you please elaborate and also let us know what problems you are seeing when trying to configure through the console.

Sorry for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#532176 Reply

rchiu5hk
    Participant

Thanks for your reply.
    Actually I want to specify the datasources for using in the program when debugging.
    In production, I create the datasources in weblogic console and used by the war program.
    e.g. In my program of hibernate config, I have defined the datasource name as “Oracle_Order_DB”.
    The datasource has been defined before in weblogic console. Then they are matching and will be used.

However in myEclipse, if I have new weblogic server instance, how to define the datasources so that my program hibernate config can refer to it??

#532508 Reply

support-swapna

rchiu5hk,

Thank you for the details. Adding the datasource should be no different when the server is started within MyEclipse or when started outside of MyEclipse.

1. Can you please recheck if you are starting the same server and domain from within MyEclipse and outside of MyEclipse ?

2. Can you please elaborate what exact problem you see when configuring the datasource from the console? Are you able to access the admin console when starting Weblogic from within MyEclipse?

I suggest you also check in development related forums like stackoverflow.com on ways to configure the datasources in Weblogic.

Apologies for inconvenience caused.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

#532586 Reply

rchiu5hk
    Participant

Hi swapna,

It solved by adding jt400.jar folder path in setting windows environment path.
    Thanks for your help

#532587 Reply

rchiu5hk
    Participant

Hi swapna,

It solved by adding jt400.jar folder path in setting windows environment path.
    Thanks for your help

#532622 Reply

support-swapna

rchiu5hk,

Glad that you resolved the issue. Thank you for getting back to us.
    Please let us know if you see any other issues.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2017 –> add as400 datasource to server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in