facebook

MyEclipse 2018 Always Crashes On Start

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mddukes
    Participant

I have a new installation of MyEclipse 2018 that crashes every time I attempt to load a workspace. I can create a new workspace, and everything loads and seems to work, but exiting the program and reloading this workspace results in the progress bar getting approximately 75% done, and then it disappears.

Version: CI 2018.9.0
    Build id: 16.0.0-20180903

The file .metadata\.log in this workspace contains this:
    (Stack traces abbreviated because they won’t fit. I can provide more detail if needed.)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt 4 2 2018-10-03 16:34:34.139
    !MESSAGE Problems occurred when invoking code from plug-in: “org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.swt”.
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader (instance of org/eclipse/osgi/internal/loader/EquinoxClassLoader) previously initiated loading for a different type with name “javax/xml/bind/JAXBContext”
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.ui.editor.DashboardEditor.loadConfiguration(DashboardEditor.java:571)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.ui.editor.DashboardEditor.createPartControl(DashboardEditor.java:170)

This gets thrown a few times, and then:
    !ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2018-10-03 16:34:34.436
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.dashboard.ui.actions.ShowDashboardPageAction.run(ShowDashboardPageAction.java:73)

And finally:

!STACK 0
    org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unable to acquire the state change lock for the module: osgi.identity; type=”osgi.bundle”; version:Version=”1.9.0.me201807241448″; osgi.identity=”org.eclipse.m2e.core”; singleton:=”true” [id=1070] STARTED [STARTED]
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.lockStateChange(Module.java:337)

java.util.concurrent.TimeoutException: Timeout after waiting 5 seconds to acquire the lock.
    at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.lockStateChange(Module.java:334)

If there’s anything else I can do to help, please let me know.
    Thanks!

#599991 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

mddukes,

I’m sorry you’re seeing issues with restarting MyEclipse. We’ve seen something very similar with another developer who has installed an old version of IBM’s RTC client plug-in. The fix is to launch MyEclipse with the clean option (check this article for how to use the clean option). The clean option can be removed for subsequent launches of MyEclipse.

Please let us know which plug-ins you’ve installed to MyEclipse (and their versions, if possible), for us to check. In any case, please let us know if this action fixes the problem.

#600018 Reply

mddukes
    Participant

This did fix the issue, and I can load my project successfully now.

The only plugin I installed after the installation was the current Vaadin plugin for Eclipse:
    https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/vaadin-plugin-eclipse

Thanks!

#600068 Reply

support-tony
    Keymaster

mddukes,

Thanks for getting back to us and I’m glad that the -clean option worked.

#659533 Reply

axelosoriocbb
    Participant

1. backup on a zip all your files from this folder
    2. delete the files
    the folder is
    \MyEclipse 2017 CI\configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\.manager

restart eclipse

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2018 Always Crashes On Start

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in