facebook

MyEclipse 2020 Update and Project Upgrade asking for Node.js Installation now?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Smitty
    Participant

Hi,

I just took the latest update to MyEclipse 2020 while working in a Workspace with a simple SpringBoot WS project. Now when I open the project after the Update I get a Popup saying “Missing node.js”. Then in the detail of the popup it says “Could not find node.js. This will result in editors missing key features. Please make sure node.js is installed and that your PATH environment variable contains the location to the node executable.

I don’t even use node.js for anything right now. Is it a new requirement to run MyEclipse to be installed? Are the features that will be missing for node.js development only, and if so how do I turn this off?

Thanks,
    Smitty

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #664065 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Smitty,

We have a Wild Web Developer integration that can require Node.js for certain files, but we’ve turned it off by default – you shouldn’t have run into this, apologies.

1) Did you happen to turn any Language Servers on? Could you send us a screenshot of the Preferences > Language Servers page?
    2) What file were you editing when you saw this dialog, was it the application.properties file? If so, can you see if “Quarkus Language Server” or “Docker language Server” are checked on the above preference page? If yes, uncheck, restart MyEclipse and let me know if you still see the error.
    3) If that does not resolve the issue, assuming the file in question is application.properties, please right click the file, and choose Open With > MyEclipse Properties Editor from the context menu to open with the older editor instead of the Generic Editor.

Please let me know if these steps resolve the problem for you. Thanks!

#664072 Reply

Smitty
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

Answers:
    1) I didn’t specifically turn on any Language Servers. See attached screen shot.
    2) When MyEclipse opened after the update the file that was in the editor was a yaml file. See attached screen shot.
    3. It appears the default yaml editor is being used for this file.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #664075 Reply

Hello,

Could you possibly turn off that support for YAML in Language Servers preference page and let us know if that helped?

With best regards
    Bartek

#664076 Reply

Smitty
    Participant

Yes, unchecking the yaml server prevents the popup from coming up now. Thanks.

Though am I losing out on code completion. I’m assuming not since I doubt there is a specific type for a GitLab CI/CD yaml file.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 2020 Update and Project Upgrade asking for Node.js Installation now?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in