facebook

myeclipse 3.8.0beta1 – label decoration problem [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

snpe

I try myeclipse 3.8 beta1, eclipse 3.0M9rc1, linux and example from book
    Hans Bergen ‘Java server Faces’ (www.hansbergen.com)

I make web application with myeclipse, deploy it on tomcat 5.0.24 and it work fine

In Package explorer I have files with error label decoration (I erase HTMl problem marker) – when I open file error don’t exists – jsp file is fine, no errors in problems view, no markers in editor, only label decoration is error

What is a problem

Regards

#207767 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Can you tell us what the errors say? Sending us maximized screenshots of the Problems view showing the errors and the editor itself will help us understand what you’re seeing. Or you can copy the error lines from the problems view and paste them into your reply. Also, please be sure that you’re opening your JSP file with our JSP editor, not one of the other editors.

#207780 Reply

Riyad Kalla

snpe,
    If you try and rebuild the project, do the error annotations go away? Do you have any error tasks to match the annotation? Is the only place the error markers are missing is in the gutter of the editor while the file is open?

#207847 Reply

snpe

I try rebuild, remove html marker

There isn’t problem in problem view, there isn’t problem in editor, only label decoration in package explorer show error

this is screenschot :

http://www.snpe.co.yu/jsfbook.png

problem view have filter for error only ; in editor is easy.jsp – thhere isn’t error – in package exlporer file is marked (labeled) like error)

regards

#207853 Reply

Riyad Kalla

snpe,
    Scott just suggested a few things you could try:

1) Turn off JSP compilation
      2) righ-click on project > MyEclipse > Remove JSP compiler markers
      3) Turn on JSP compilation
      4) Make a trivial edit to the file, save (forcing a recompile) and see if error returns.

What do you see? Also please check your log file <workspace dir>\.metadata\.log for any exceptions that might help us figure out why this is happening.

#207888 Reply

snpe

I do it (1,2,3,4) and error return (it is same)

I have error for JSP compiler in .log

.log is :

http://www.snpe.co.yu/.log

regards

#207903 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Is your project set up with our standard J2EE 1.3 container, or did you by chance change the JSP, servlet, or taglib jars on the classpath manually?

#207911 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ahh good call Scott, this does look like a library issue that we run down before:

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/taglibs/standard/tag/common/core/OutSupport, method: out signature: (Ljavax/servlet/jsp/PageContext;ZLjava/lang/Object;)V) Incompatible object argument for function call

snpe,
    It looks like you upgraded your JSTL libraries and your usage of them is not jiving with how your app was coded.

Or its possible you downgraded, either way I think your JSTL JARs changed at some point. (ref: http://jakarta.apache.org/taglibs/doc/standard-doc/intro.html)

#207933 Reply

snpe

Yes, you are correct
    JSFBook example have own libraries – I exchange with my jstl and standard
    (it work in another application) and error disappear

Thanks

#207936 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Glad to hear we’ve gotten it resolved. 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: myeclipse 3.8.0beta1 – label decoration problem [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in