facebook

MyEclipse 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit Machine Problem

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hey everyone,

I’ve been having problems with MyEclipse 8.x 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit and I’ve just been too lazy to post.

Anyway I’ve had enough of it and I can easily reproduce it and explain. So from time to time I’ve noticed that MyEclipse just will sit on a menu and not do anything. For example I might want to export a jar. So I right click on a project and click export, then I click jar, then i click the app, and press finish….and MyEclipse will literally sit there forever. It just happens sometimes not all the time. It happens with SVN too. I can go to view the folders out on our SVN server and it will just sit there.

Now I think it’s a refresh issue because….when I remote access my machine I still have the problem, but if I switch to another fullscreen application then back to the hanging MyEclipse it works fine.

Has anyone else noticed this? We have 4-5 Windows 7 64-bit machines here that all act the same. To get MyEclipse to work again we have to end task via the task manager and re-open it. We all most do this 4-5 times a day.

Thanks,
    –Ben

#315810 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ben,

You and your team may actually be experiencing this bug which is specific to Vista / Windows 7; it is not a bug in MyEclipse, but is somewhere in the SWT code.
    https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=302396

I began to experience this issue as soon as I moved to Vista and later with Windows 7, mostly when working with a classic Eclipse install, not MyEclipse.

The bug was fixed in Eclipse 3.6, and ever since I have moved to Eclipse 3.6 – I have not run into this problem again. The solution would be for you to move to MyEclipse 9, which works on Eclipse 3.6.

I was unaware of the “fullscreen application” workaround; are you saying switching to another maximized application fixes it? Or watching a video in full screen mode?

#315817 Reply

@Support-Brian wrote:

Ben,

You and your team may actually be experiencing this bug which is specific to Vista / Windows 7; it is not a bug in MyEclipse, but is somewhere in the SWT code.

I began to experience this issue as soon as I moved to Vista and later with Windows 7, mostly when working with a classic Eclipse install, not MyEclipse.

The bug was fixed in Eclipse 3.6, and ever since I have moved to Eclipse 3.6 – I have not run into this problem again. The solution would be for you to move to MyEclipse 9, which works on Eclipse 3.6.

I was unaware of the “fullscreen application” workaround; are you saying switching to another maximized application fixes it? Or watching a video in full screen mode?

I tried 9.0 the other day and there are huge changes to all of our workspace projects. So upgrading right now probably won’t happen but good to know that there’s light at the end of the tunnel.

The workaround only works when you use RDP to connect to your workstation. Not watching another movie, just another maximized application works. Like I said i think it’s related to screen refreshing. I believe I had this same issue way back in the applet days before triple buffering

#315829 Reply

@Support-Brian wrote:

Ben,

Hey Brian,

Just tried 9.0 64-bit today….I spent the time converting all of our projects. Still doing it. I went to create a folder in a web project, entered the name, and clicked finished….and three minutes later it’s still sitting there. Had to end task via task manager and re-open myeclipse.

#315831 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Ben,

In my previous response I stated that I have not run into the problem since 3.6, but that was incorrect – it has happened to me a couple of times – but that is a couple of times in six months as opposed to three times a week. So I’m hoping it was just a round of bad luck, if it is indeed the same issue.

1) How are you invoking the new wizard – from where exactly?
    2) Do you use fast views? I noticed when I had the Package Explorer in fast view mode it tended to happen more often.
    3) Was any job running when you attempted to create the new folder – anything in the progress view?
    4) If you run into this problem again, find the process Id of the myeclipse process and execute “jstack -l <pid>” and paste the output here please – or PM it to me. If your colleagues on 8.6 see the issue – please try the same there and send me the output, so we can ensure that it is this same problem.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 32-bit on Windows 7 64-bit Machine Problem

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in