facebook

MyEclipse 4.1.1 and JBossIDE 1.5.1 working together

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Robert Baty

Hello,
    I have been a user of the MyEclipse IDE for some time now. I am currently on Eclipse 3.1.2/MyEclipse 4.1.1 platform. My company has decided that Hibernate 3.1.x is the ORM tool of choice for J2EE development. Because of this I have been using the MyEclipse Hibernate capabilities with much success. I am going to be going to a JBoss Hibernate training class coming up soon and they are toting the capabilities of the JBossIDE 1.5.1 and the HibernateTools 3.1 release.

I installed JBossIDE 1.5.1 onto my platform and everything seemed to go fine. However, while working in the IDE I seem to be getting conflicts between MyEclipses Hibernate support and JBossIDEs Hibernate support. I have two questions concerning this.

1. Are you aware of any MyEclipse users that have installed JBossIDE? Are there conflict you are aware of?

2. I noticed that some of your plugins are actually from JBoss (XDoclet for example), is it your plan to incorporate the JBossIDE functionality in MyEclipse? What I am getting confused on is where the MyEclipse Hibernate funcationality stops and where JBossIDE functionality picks up.

Thanks,
    Robert Baty

#249024 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) Yes there are conflicts because we integrate parts of JBossIDE for specifically the Hibernate tooling. We will integrate their 3.1 work soon as they are doing some really great work on it.

2) This is confusing but the general rule of thumb is this: if our users like it and it’s stable/robust, we will integrate it. This isn’t a simple case of “drop it in” as a lot of people thing, 75% of the code in MyEclipse is built in house and when we integrate something we pull it into the entire processing flow of MyEclipse and integrate it into our tooling process. As we pull in the portions of JBossIDE that help our users the line where the functionality is comming from does get blurred.

We typically encourage users to have one or the other installed although some users are able to have both installed an just try and manage everything manually themselves. I’m sorry I don’t have a more definitive answer for you right now.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 4.1.1 and JBossIDE 1.5.1 working together

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in