facebook

MyEclipse 5.1 and Eclipse 3.2.2 and the coordinated Callisto

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Leo Blume

What can we expect with the impending release of Eclipse 3.2.2 (which fixes a bunch of critical bugs) interacting with MyEclipse 5.1 and the new Callisto?

From what I’ve seen on the Eclipse website, this is next week.

I’ve been severely burned by the Eclipse update mechanism installing updates which break the entire installation and having to back things out by hand (though now I make complete backups before letting the Update Manager touch anything…)

For instance, I lost the right-mouse click / context menu because of Callisto plus MyEclipse interacting badly.
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-15728.html

Can someone from MyEclipse post canonical instructions for the order to install and configure MEI+Callisto for each release? This would help on platforms which don’t have the all-in-one installer (all of them except Windows… 🙁 )

thanks

#265958 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

What can we expect with the impending release of Eclipse 3.2.2 (which fixes a bunch of critical bugs) interacting with MyEclipse 5.1 and the new Callisto?

Great question! You can expect us to ship MyEclipse 5.1.1 built on top of the 3.2.2 refreshed Callisto stack by the end of February to support the new release. I’d suggest you give us a week or two to ensure any issues that may come up on the new stack are resolved so you don’t run into any issues. Then just install 5.1.1 when we ship.

Can someone from MyEclipse post canonical instructions for the order to install and configure MEI+Callisto for each release?

Sure. Install the All-in-one installer if available. If not, install the Eclipse SDK, then MyEclipse. After that, you can install other add-ons through the update site mechanism without issue since we ensure what we include as part of the MyEclipse stack is a superset of what’s available externally.

For instance, I lost the right-mouse click / context menu because of Callisto plus MyEclipse interacting badly.

That was caused by an “order of install” issue most likely. If you install *just* Eclipse, then MyEclipse you shouldn’t run into any more issues like this. And, we’ve placed guards for this problem in 5.5M1 and will also place them in 5.1.1 which we’ll ship at the end of the month (so thanks for reporting it).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 5.1 and Eclipse 3.2.2 and the coordinated Callisto

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in