facebook

Myeclipse 5.1 compatibility with Eclipse 3.2.2

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

gandalf902002
    Participant

Hi,
    Eclipse programmers yesterday fixed a big bug in debugging session for disconnected VM and put the patch in the last eclipse 3.2.2 version
    Is it possible to install Myeclipse 5.1 with Eclipse 3.2.2 or did you test it and does not work ?
    If yes …. in my notebook I have eclipse 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 .. is it possible to install MyEclipse in booth Eclipse installation to test all functionality before deisntall from “old” eclipse ?
    Thanks a lot for all helps

#265037 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Is it possible to install Myeclipse 5.1 with Eclipse 3.2.2 or did you test it and does not work ?

It’s certainly possible to install 5.1 with 3.2.2 but we have not tested it internally since 3.2.2 has not been officially released.

If yes …. in my notebook I have eclipse 3.2.1 and 3.2.2 .. is it possible to install MyEclipse in booth Eclipse installation to test all functionality before deisntall from “old” eclipse ?

Yes, you can install two instances of ME 5.1, one pointing to 3.2.1 and one pointing to 3.2.2. Parallel installs are actually what we recommend when you test new versions. Just be sure to keep everything completely separate in the installs and you can test both of them side-by-side to see if the 3.2.2 base works well for you. Oh, and please tell us how it goes.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Myeclipse 5.1 compatibility with Eclipse 3.2.2

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in