facebook

MyEclipse 6.5.0 UML Editor – locked

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

sedward

I have successfully installed the full stack installer of MyEclipse 6.5.0 today. My primary purpose is to work within the UML Editor. I opened an existing .UMR file that I had created and worked with under MyEclipse 6.0.1. While I was browsing through my existing model, MyEclipse “locked” and never came back. I had to kill MyEclipse via my Windows Task Manager. I re-launched MyEclipse 6.5.0 and repeated the same keystrokes that I did before, and sure enough, it “locked” again. It seems to be completely repeatable. Then, for fun, I went back to my previous MyEclipse 6.0.1 installation and attempted the same keystrokes. NO lockup under MyEclipse 6.0.1 but definitely under 6.5.0.

I’d be happy to provide the UMR file and describe the keystrokes for you.

By the way, there is a second issue with this same UMR file. I don’t know if you want that under a different posting, but when using the new “Generate XSD” function, the “REF” entries did not generate in the same “position” as specified in my “Tagged Values”.

Also note: I am specifically trying to test these new UML –> XSD features, as these features were implemented by request with Todd Williams. If you feel that it is more appropriate for me to bring these issues up with him, rather than through this posting, let me know.

Thanks!

#286150 Reply

Loyal Water

sedward,
    Can you switch to a new workspace(File > Switch Workspace > Temp) and try reproducing this issue. Incase you are able to reproduce this issue, could you please “pm” me the umr by hitting the pm button at the bottom of my post. Also, please list the steps to reproduce this issue.

#286183 Reply

sedward

@support-nipun wrote:

sedward,
    Can you switch to a new workspace(File > Switch Workspace > Temp) and try reproducing this issue. Incase you are able to reproduce this issue, could you please “pm” me the umr by hitting the pm button at the bottom of my post. Also, please list the steps to reproduce this issue.

I submitted the requested information via the “pm” button. Please contact me if you did not receive it.

#286222 Reply

Loyal Water

sedward,
    Thank you for the UMR and the detailed directions on how to reproduce this. I was able to reproduce the issue at my end as well. I have filed this for the dev team. I’ll get back to you with an update asap.

#286236 Reply

Loyal Water

NOTE: I believe someone from our support staff already contacted you directly, but I’m just posting the solution here incase anyone else runs into this same issue:

The fix is to run MyEclipse 6.5 specifically with the 1.5.0_11 (patch
    release 11) JRE instead, it can be downloaded here:
    https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_Developer-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=jre-1.5.0_11-oth-JPR@CDS-CDS_Developer

And once installed, you will want to edit the MyEclipse 6.5 shortcut,
    and adjust the -vm argument to point at your 1.5.0_11 version of the
    javaw.exe executable… the argument will be edited to look something
    like:

-vm “C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_11\bin\javaw.exe”

We are sorry for the inconvenience, we are working to get this resolved on our end ASAP.

#286246 Reply

sedward

@support-nipun wrote:

NOTE: I believe someone from our support staff already contacted you directly, but IThanks for researching and identifying the solution. I made this change and the lockup problem has gone away.

#286247 Reply

sedward

My last reply got garbled….repeating here…..

Thanks for researching and identifying the solution. I made this change and the lockup problem has gone away.

#286313 Reply

Loyal Water

Your welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 6.5.0 UML Editor – locked

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in