facebook

MyEclipse 7.0 – installing Mylyn (and other plugins)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

ernestz

I just installed MyEclipse 7.0 and am trying to install the Mylyn Plugin.

From what I have been about to figure out, in order to do so without Pulse, I have to go through Help -> Software Updates -> Add/Remove Software -> Locally Installed Software -> Add Software -> Add locally -> Manage Sites … add Mylyn software update site …….. and then click on each individual package ….. repeat this cycle (restarting with Add/Remove Software, sans adding the software update site as it was added it first step) for each and every component package required for Mylyn????? I can’t seem to be able to select multiple components of this package in one step, I have to repeat the Add/Remove Software, component selection for each component.

Is this the new behavior for installing Eclipse plugins now?

#292003 Reply

Greg

Thanks for your feedback. I have sent it up to the development team. I can say that MyEclipse 7.0 is just the beginning of a whole new range of capabilities that MyEclipse will be able to offer to our users in terms of Add/update/Remove ing of plugins. Look for much more advanced features in the future. Also we will be reviewing all aspects of the add/update story for update sites. Some of them we had to just get it working good enough for 7.0 to meet other objectives. 7.1, 7.5 and beyond you will see improvements across the board.

But for the specific report you made, I have made it known to the development team, thanks.

#292019 Reply

ernestz

Any chance of reverting to the original Eclipse method of managing plug-ins, allowing for the use of “.link” plug-in support and bypassing Pulse altogether?

I don’t really see why i should have to, at a minimum, create a new user profile just to use Pulse, or at worst, pay to use Pulse.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 7.0 – installing Mylyn (and other plugins)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in