facebook

MyEclipse 7.1 deleting svn all-wcprops and entries files

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
  • Author

stuarnett
    Participant

After upgrading from MyEclipse 7.0 to 7.1, MyEclipse is deleting the following files from any of my web projects.

web project -> .svn -> all-wcprops
    web project -> .svn -> entries

It will happen everytime MyEclipse is opened if you enable the Refresh Automatically setting for the workspace. If you disable the Refresh Automatically setting, it still deletes the files but not consistantly. I’m using TortoiseSVN 1.6.1 and I do not have the Subversive plugin installed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Stuart

#297757 Reply

Loyal Water

Stuart,
    Are these files in your output directory? You can go to Windows > Prefs > Java > Compiler > Builder and uncheck “Scrub output folder”. That should resolve the issue.

#297762 Reply

stuarnett
    Participant

The files are located in my workspace / web project / .svn directory. When MyEclipse removes the files, I can no longer perform subversion commands as I would normally. I have to close MyEclipse. Backup my web project. Delete the web project directory. Checkout the web project again, then copy my updates over from my backup directory to the fresh web project directory and commit.

This only happens with web projects in 7.1. I am not encountering this problem with any other project types (Java, for example).

As I mentioned before, everything works correctly when I use MyEclipse 7.0.

#297792 Reply

Loyal Water

Thats strange. I would suggest you upgrade to 7.1.1 and test this again.

#297815 Reply

stuarnett
    Participant

I already updated to 7.1.1-20090310 and I’m still seeing the same problem.

#297817 Reply

stuarnett
    Participant

Also, we have duplicated this problem on 2 seperate workstations. Both workstations are running Windows XP Pro 64-bit SP2.

#297819 Reply

ankurbassi

I have the same problem on 64bit xp pro. It only happens with web projects. Everytime I refresh my web project it deletes the svn entries file. Please help…good luck stuart

#297858 Reply

Loyal Water

Guys,
    Can you’ll paste the exact steps to be followed to reproduce this issue at our end.

#297988 Reply

stuarnett
    Participant

The was verified using the following:
    MyEclipse 7.1.1-20090310
    TortoiseSVN 1.6.1
    Windows XP 32bit and 64bit

1. Create a new project in Subversion. (mysvnapp)
    2. Check out the new project from subversion. (c:\dev\mysvnapp)
    3. Open a new workspace in MyEclipse within the checked out project directory. (c:\dev\mysvnapp\myworkspace)
    4. Create a new web project using Java EE 5.0 Spec. (web)
    5. Shutdown MyEclipse.
    6. Add and check in the new workspace and web project to Subversion. Do not check in the .metadata directory.
    7. Open MyEclipse.
    8. Refresh the web project within MyEclipse
    9. At this point, the following files will be deleted after you refresh the web project:

c:\dev\mysvnapp\myworkspace\web\.svn\all-wcprops
    c:\dev\mysvnapp\myworkspace\web\.svn\entries

You can no longer perform any subversion commands on the web project.

#297999 Reply

rmcvay

Is that the way svn is supposed to work with eclipse? I.e. the eclipse workspace embedded under an svn module? I admit to being svn ignorant but that sounds wacky to an old cvs user.

#298010 Reply

stuarnett
    Participant

Like I said above, this works fine when using MyEclipse 7.0. I have actually reinstalled that version to get around this problem until this issue is resolved. It also works for non-web projects (java) when using 7.1.

As for the workspace being checked into Subversion, Subversion just views the myworkspace directory as another folder. The .metadata folder is not included in the subversion checkin since that information is specific to each users development environment. When a new developer rolls onto a project, they can check out the subversion project, point their workspace to the application directory and then import all of the MyEclipse projects. MyEclipse takes care of recreating the .metadata folder in the workspace directory.

The main reason for organizing projects in this manner is because we develop multiple applications for the same client. Instead of having to create a seperate subversion project for each application, we create a subversion project for the client, then check in each of the applications into that svn project. For example:

client1/applications/application1
    client1/applications/application2
    etc.

This has worked fine in th past and has allowed us to keep the applications organized.

#298047 Reply

Loyal Water

The Subversive guys made a new release on the 29th and changed their feature definitions — they dumped javahl and replaced it with javahl15 and javahl16 — we’ll be making a change later today that should seamlessly fix this for folks.

#298091 Reply

prismmed

We have the same problem, and have spent 2 days wrestling with this until we saw this thread. Is there a patch yet?

#298158 Reply

Loyal Water

The fix will be coming out with Pulse 2.4.2 — which will likely be out tomorrow.

#298256 Reply

ankurbassi

Did an update today…Its not fixed yet same problem. Any idea when this should be fixed?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 41 total)
Reply To: MyEclipse 7.1 deleting svn all-wcprops and entries files

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in